Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Trying to activate new Spark

Sparksupersonic

Join
Oct 16, 2018
But what is this, I can’t move past it and there isn’t a youtube video I’ve seen that mentions this exact error.
The Spark is a new replacement sent from dji, if that makes any9AB700C8-A6F8-459D-9869-F9B568E416D1.png difference.

But what is this, I can’t move past it and there isn’t a youtube video I’ve seen that mentions this exact error.
The Spark is a new replacement sent from dji, if that makes anyView attachment 9325 difference.

I would try these steps in this order:
1. Completely log off from your DJI account on the app then log back in
2. Completely delete the app from phone then perform fresh install from app store
3. Consider opening a new DJI account with different user name /email

If those fail you should really call DJI Support. Most "new replacement" drones are actually refurbished units. You would swear they are new based upon appearance but they were actually previously registered to somebody else. Occasionally the tech forgets to unregister it and then the new owner gets the message you are seeing. You can only unlink it with DJI's help. The Assistant 2 app partially bypasses it but still get different error message.

If it had been instead purchased from a third party it can also mean aircraft reported as stolen and activation locked by DJI.

Reactions: Sparksupersonic
I couldn't get it to activate from my phone either. I ended up activiating it via the DJI Assistant. On my phone it still has the option to activate, but I just pick "Enter the Camera View".
Ty, if I can’t get it activated the way Andre described I’ll try the dji assistant!

2. Completely delete the app from phone then perform fresh install from app store

If those fail you should really call DJI Support. Most "new replacement" drones are actually refurbished units. You would swear they are new based upon appearance but they were actually previously registered to somebody else. Occasionally the tech forgets to unregister it and then the new owner gets the message you are seeing. You can only unlink it with DJI's help. The Assistant 2 app partially bypasses it but still get different error message.

If it had been instead purchased from a third party it can also mean aircraft reported as stolen and activation locked by DJI.
Appreciate it much, I’ll try those this evening.
I had thought about it being refurbished and maybe previously activated, it did come wrapped in bubble wrap without propellers and with a sticker with sn number and wifi password taped to it, with a new in the box battery.
It was a warranty replacement for the one that flew away in Nov so they’d said it would be new but maybe it is refurbished. If so that’s ok, you’re right, it seems new.

Appreciate it much, I’ll try those this evening.
I had thought about it being refurbished and maybe previously activated, it did come wrapped in bubble wrap without propellers and with a sticker with sn number and wifi password taped to it, with a new in the box battery.
It was a warranty replacement for the one that flew away in Nov so they’d said it would be new but maybe it is refurbished. If so that’s ok, you’re right, it seems new.

If there is no "R" in the serial number, then it is new.

Reactions: Sparksupersonic

I totally agree mine has so many problems right out of the box

Don't be down about it.
My very first Spark, new, could not get a home lock for nothing.
Now I have 2 Sparks and a Mavic Air arriving tomorrow.

Well unfortunately this thread spiraled out of control QUICKLY!

**Thread OPEN!**

Let's keep this thread on track so the OP can get the help they need/deserve.

Last edited:

Ty. The first step, logging out of the dgi app and logging back in seemed to do it, it activated easily.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar