Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Trip to Europe

jhhneves

Join
Feb 15, 2018
I am going to Portugal, Spain, Italy and France on May. Could someone help me with the rules to fly, not comercial, my spark in those countries?
Thanks

In Spain we have a new drone law since December 2017.
You can fly drones below 250gr. in Town day/night above buildings and agglomeration of people up to 20 meters.
Drones between 250gr. and 2 Kg like the Spark, in town, but not over buildings and agglomeration of people.
Outside town you can fly without restriction (Max. height 120m) and of course not in restricted areas.
In place of national interest (I don't know the exact translation, sorry) like castles, etc. normally not, but you can ask.
Also you don't have to register your drone if it below 2kg.
If you use goggles you need a second person how have to watch the drone.

Hope that helps and enjoy your journey.

Have a nice day!

Dear Sr,
Thanks a lot. It is very similar in Brazil! I guess you should have the same rules in the rest of the EU.
Best regards

Unfortunately is not the same law in the all countries of the EU. I know for example that in Germany you need to put a plate with your Address on the drone and can't fly near highways, etc.
So you need more information of each country you will visit.

Happy flying!

Reactions: jhhneves
I would just suggest you to ''Cancel'' notification ''You are flying in another country / region. Do you want to reset WiFi settings?''
If you want reliable connection of course. If you want 150m range, than select OK.;)
Especially in France. WiFi transmitting power is even more restricted there as in other EU countries.
Be reasonable, safety first, don't fly too far out, use common sense and you'll be fine.

Thanks a lot for the advise. If someone could help me with Italy and France?
Best regards

If you want to know where you can fly safely in Italy, install "Italian Airspace lite" from the Google Play Store, click on "airspaces" on top right and select everything except for "CTR (upper)". If you are inside one of these zones flying then is forbidden or you need a special permit. You need to keep line of sight with the drone and you cannot fly in towns or over big groups of people (like at events).

@jhhneves:
Check the maps for France: Géoportail
"Red" zones are strictly forbidden. Other than that, it is ok. Theory is: yellow zones (max altitude 100m), orange zones (max altitude 50m) and pink zones (max altitude 30m)
Drone over 800g are forbidden without agreement.
Added to that, for France:
- Night flight is forbidden.
- VLOS is asked.

And, as previously said, all over Europe you will be asked to switch to "CE mode" each time you launch DJI4.
Means, if you accept it 1 single time, then you'll be unable to return to FCC mode within Europe !
CE mode means 200m to 500m range with the RC.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar