Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Time to bring in the hay - pano

Northwood Mediaworks

Former Spark & Mavic Air 2 Flyer
Premium Pilot
Join
Jan 15, 2018
Loc
Northern Ontario, Canada
Web
northwoodmediaworks.com
So after a week of waiting to fly, despite some strong winds here, I managed to get up for two flights. We have a neighbor come in and cut then bale the hay, he gets to keep it, we get to keep our fields open, and we also get two free-range organically raised turkeys near the end of the year. If the wind was lighter, I would have some better overhead stuff, tomorrow's another opportunity if this dang wind settles down. Saw my first wind warning today....:eek:

The video is still on the cutting room floor, here is the pano.... Video later:)

making_hay_2018.jpg
No post processing of any kind on this pano....

That is a big field. I bet that he gets more than 10 bales out of that.:rolleyes:;) Looking forward to another great video from you. Hope you are having a great weekend! I'll be in touch soon.

Hot work in the mid-90s for sure.... he was out there for about 6 hours... still has one field to cut, then back with the bailer later.

Managed to get up for another flight this morning. I am thinking of waiting until he is here with the bailer, get some aerial shots of that too. Will make a more complete "Haying" cinematic video.

Yes, that is hot and dusty work. We have a small field behind our house that one of my wife's cousins cuts for the hay twice a year. It is a lot of work in that it is cut then threshed then baled. I thought about making a video of it but decided that it was not worth the trouble for the small amount of time that it took for each phase. Now you on the other hand could make a very interesting video of it. Especially using the tracking mode. I look forward to seeing the video.

Here's another photo of the "ranch"... I love the pattern the hay cutting leaves.... He's out there now, raking the rows before bailing. Its too hot for me to fly.... 93.5 F in the shade. I can be seen in my white shirt out on the desert-like front lawn....

homesweethome2.jpg

Reactions: pmshop
Yes, the patterns left from the cutting do look interesting for sure. And you could bake in that heat for sure. Maybe another flight towards sundown and some straight down shots to see the "big picture". :)

Ya, did my straight down stuff in the third flight, still too windy for me to get up really high however... Still, this process wont be finished for a week or two, so hoping for a calm morning or evening. Mid-day its been tough not to have big wind gusts. I dont want to fly over-top of the farmer either, no sense in risking disaster. We get the better end of the deal really... two good meals and our forest does not encroach.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar