Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

The coldest temp

Playthru

Join
Dec 31, 2017
What is the coldest temp you have ever flew your drone?I would think that really cold temps could make a drone brittle with just a little bump could cause damage.

What is the coldest temp you have ever flew your drone?I would think that really cold temps could make a drone brittle with just a little bump could cause damage.
Yesterday...10 degrees F

19F degrees... Below that I'm just too cold to stand outside for long periods of time. I agree with the concern of plastic becoming brittle. While I've not had that issue with any of my drones, I've seen it with my R/C cars. Cold weather, a minor bump into an object and an arm breaks. Something that wouldn't have happened in warmer temps...

I was out today in -23C taking video of the beautiful Canadian snow. I keep the batteries inside my jacket and only do short (around 5 minute) flights as I'm worried that it may get too cold. Haven't had a problem so far on multiple days below -15C in the last week. Battery is still over half full when I bring it back in, and the biggest issue is keeping myself warm :).

Reactions: Victoria

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d beard