Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sun forcing a RTH

TruckerJoe

Join
Nov 18, 2017
Hi forum members

Been a while since posting but mainly come on here to have a read.

Anywho I have recently got back from touring the West Coast of Scotland and amazing sights but on one such flight i was doing a pana view of out area and and looking directly towards a sunset the Spark did a RTH after disconnecting from my controller and phone.

Anyone else ever had this? Im not really complaining as its the first time if have a full disconnecting and it returned home safely from 60 metres up.

Also is there a way of uploading a flight log just to see.

Thanks in advance.

Im still learning :)

Probably because Spark realised it was looking at sunshine, and knew from the GPS that it was in Scotland, so couldn’t reconcile those two things.... :p

You could be onto something there

Here is the unedited video and it was near the end when it did a auto RTH and disconnected

Hi forum members

Been a while since posting but mainly come on here to have a read.

Anywho I have recently got back from touring the West Coast of Scotland and amazing sights but on one such flight i was doing a pana view of out area and and looking directly towards a sunset the Spark did a RTH after disconnecting from my controller and phone.

Anyone else ever had this? Im not really complaining as its the first time if have a full disconnecting and it returned home safely from 60 metres up.

Also is there a way of uploading a flight log just to see.

Thanks in advance.

Im still learning :)
The sun didn't force the return to home, the lost signal did, after about 30 seconds of lost signal the spark initiates a return to home.

Reactions: Hddeuce03
The sun didn't force the return to home, the lost signal did, after about 30 seconds of lost signal the spark initiates a return to home.
That's another thing I thought. The bit that confuses me was it was only 60m up and not far away from the home point.

I was using OTG and I remember it coming up on the screen about "charge only" and "transfer" Maybe that interfered with the connection

Same kinda thing happened to me yesterday...the Spark was between me and the sun (and the Spark was very hard to see)...I was only about 200 meters away...200 meters up....WELL within normal radio range (antennas were oriented correctly), and my phone's screen went to black-and-white, indicating lost connection (plus "disconnected" on the creen)...Spark came back home via RTH...I had to turn my radio OFF then back ON to regain control on the descent.

I use Android and the OTG cable...latest firmwares, etc.

Hard to imagine the sun had anything to do with the lost connection, but at the same time, losing connecting like that was not normal.

Very weird.

Same kinda thing happened to me yesterday...the Spark was between me and the sun (and the Spark was very hard to see)...I was only about 200 meters away...200 meters up....WELL within normal radio range (antennas were oriented correctly), and my phone's screen went to black-and-white, indicating lost connection (plus "disconnected" on the creen)...Spark came back home via RTH...I had to turn my radio OFF then back ON to regain control on the descent.

Hard to imagine the sun had anything to do with the lost connection, but at the same time, losing connecting like that was not normal.

Very weird.
Chances. Are your phone is th he culprit. Get a controller and an otg cable, and see what happens.

Jim...I have an OTG cable and controller...that's what I meant by "radio range" and "antennas"....or am I misunderstanding you?

Thanks...

--

Bill

Very weird.
You didn’t say where you were. Another location that the sun is never supposed to shine? It shows how advanced the technology is in the spark, it understands Scottish jokes!

You didn’t say where you were. Another location that the sun is never supposed to shine? It shows how advanced the technology is in the spark, it understands Scottish jokes!

Central Coast of California...there IS a good bit of fog here. But plenty of sunshine too. :)

I was at about the spot where I took this photo...sun is up/behind the Spark.

Attachments

• DJI_1090.jpg
    DJI_1090.jpg
    420 KB · Views: 7

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef