Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Such a frustrating hobby (sort of)

And that made you leave? They most likely wouldn't have bothered you at all...if it's a nice spot, just go fly and enjoy yourself!
Yeah, they were not the relaxed kind of guys, but the kind of trouble seekers that you can really do without when you fly... But I will, one day! :-D

Spark flies in most wind conditions. I have flown in over 20knots and as long as you use sport mode and fly from a down wind location, it will all be OK. It's really only good for still images in high wind but it will fly in 20 knots. If the wind looks like becoming an issue in GPS mode switch to Sport mode and head home. If you RTH is a bit slow, pushing up on the right stick in any mode, increases air speed to counter wind influence.

Rain is an issue if it's heavy but not a few spots.

Adroid phones or tablets work well with Spark and thats all I use, so it's likely the issues experienced by other pilots are due to a faulty phone/tablet. The latest App is really good even though the old one was dodgey. I use an S8 plus and it's almost fault free when flying in all conditions.

I had a new frustration yesterday; found a location that looked really interesting and away from people on google maps. Drove over there to check it out and fly abit. Upon arrival, I discovered that the local gang of troubled potsmoker also liked the location and were using it as a hangout... turned straight around and looked for another spot :-/
They probably would have dug it!

Reactions: Flight0ps
You could fly into the site from a remote location . It requires a bit of planning but the dope smokers aren't going to see a Spark.

This is true. I've done this (not over potheads lol) but just to avoid attention where i launch from.

Regarding connection issues, forget android. Buy an old iphone 6...it's flawless, and you can get a new battery put in for $29 to $45 bucks (Apple dealer, not Apple dealer). It's soooooo worth it. I made the switch. Use the phone as wifi only without a cellular plan. Download DJI Go 4 app via wifi. Because the SD card is in the Spark there's no challenge getting the video out of the phone, which is a PITA. It's sooooo worth it.
I got a ipad for my drone, due to the issues I had with my note 8. No regrets except I need a better tablet holder I went cheap.....

It does seem as if the odds are against me every time I want to fly my drone. You're not alone in this situation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast