Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Success! Reduced Spark Remote Controller volume by 50% and installed LED visual notifications!!

NewYorkJack

Join
Dec 13, 2017
Just finished modifying my friend's remote today with LEDs for visual notification (in case surrounding is too loud and he can't hear his speaker) and also reduced his remote speaker volume by approx. 50%.

Working on another guy's remote now and disabling his speaker completely as requested by him. He wants dual white notification LEDs instead of red or green LEDs. (I'll try to get a video/photo it later)

Here's LEDs in action and also a couple of sound comparison videos. Enjoy!
1f642.png

1. LED lights in action:

2. Power on/off sound test comparison:

3. Return to Home function sound test comparison:

Let me know what ya'll think. Suggestions, concerns, new ideas welcomed!

Attachments

• djiled.jpg
    djiled.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 77
Reactions: dubt
Looking great!

Did you solder the LED's directly to the speaker output? Or do you have an active circuit in-between to power the LED's according to the voltage sent from the speaker?

When the tablet and phone are in place , how do you see the LED's which will be below them ?

Well done project indeed! Though not my "cup of tea".

Reactions: NewYorkJack
When the tablet and phone are in place , how do you see the LED's which will be below them ?

We don't have issues seeing the lights. We use mounts like the one you see in the attached pic. Even when we get setup quickly for quick shots, we don't push our devices up against the vents/covering them. There's a giant heat sink behind those vents + your phone/tablet can get also warm, we like to keep a little space for air circulation

Attachments

• mounts.jpg
    mounts.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 91
Looking great!

Did you solder the LED's directly to the speaker output? Or do you have an active circuit in-between to power the LED's according to the voltage sent from the speaker?

Didn't need an active circuit and the speaker put out enough power to light up the tiny 2v LEDs without any issue. The draw is so minimal, battery life of the remote is barely affected. One would charge their drone batteries several times before the remote needs charging. :)

Reactions: dubt
We don't have issues seeing the lights. We use mounts like the one you see in the attached pic. Even when we get setup quickly for quick shots, we don't push our devices up against the vents/covering them. There's a giant heat sink behind those vents + your phone/tablet can get also warm, we like to keep a little space for air circulation

Ah right, so you use a mount instead of putting the phone or Ipad mini in the controller jaws

Reactions: NewYorkJack
I didn't take any photos of the innards when I took apart the remotes. I believe it was 10k, it's been a while since and I just grabbed whatever I had in my toolbox.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar