Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Start-Up and Shut-Down Sequence

That is an interesting theory and technically it may work that way. But I just did the experiment myself and connected using each sequence -- including the opposite of your recommendation.

All the sequences just connected and worked flawlessly. From a practical standpoint the sequence is irrelevant. Works fine every time regardless (on iOS).
It may well do 99 times out if 100. However, by following the sequence of RC on first you are mitigating risk.
There could be that 1 time that your aircraft shares a noisy channel and you lose connection.
Aviation is all about minimising risk, so why choose to introduce a sequence that can increase the chances of a poor RF linking procedure.

Your aircraft, your choice

It may well do 99 times out if 100. However, by following the sequence of RC on first you are mitigating risk.
There could be that 1 time that your aircraft shares a noisy channel and you lose connection.
Aviation is all about minimising risk, so why choose to introduce a sequence that can increase the chances of a poor RF linking procedure.

Your aircraft, your choice

I'll take 99% any day!!!

Nothing is 100% safe :confused:

Like I said - your aircraft, your choice.

I fly various UAS commercially so my outlook/risk assessment is probably totally different to yours.

Did you just pull the "I'm a professional and you're just a hobbyist so I know better" card?!?!?

People love that one :rolleyes:

Did you just pull the "I'm a professional and you're just a hobbyist so I know better" card?!?!?

People love that one :rolleyes:
Nope - I simply stated my outlook to risk for UAS operations is different to yours.
I choose to mitigate risk as much as possible.
I never stated I knew more or professed to have greater knowledge.
Simply a different attitude to what is acceptable for pre-flight prep.

Enjoy your aircraft.

The spark is designed to operate with hand gestures with no RC or mobile device. I am pretty sure DJI wont put this feature in if there is a risk some other remote other than what was paired to it can accidentally take charge of the drone. Unless you have pw of AC, you cant even connect to its wifi to control with your mobile device.

The spark is designed to operate with hand gestures with no RC or mobile device. I am pretty sure DJI wont put this feature in if there is a risk some other remote other than what was paired to it can accidentally take charge of the drone. Unless you have pw of AC, you cant even connect to its wifi to control with your mobile device.
It has nothing to do with taking control - it is to do with RF noise floor and saturation of the front end of the reciever which can be swamped when the AGC circuit can not attenuate any further.

You fly your way and I'll fly mine - and everyone is happy. :)

It has nothing to do with taking control - it is to do with
. Sorry, I totally lost sight of reason for RC, AC on sequence. What risk do I get with RF noise and other stuff you said? Do I get risk of not able to connect? I came from RC/AC on sequence. That is the norm for analog transmitters. I am not knocking your pre flight routine. I tested my drones for auto failsafe RTH. Its ability to reconnect after a force shutdown of remote. If for any reason it fails to reconnect, it goes through RTH sequence. If I were operating in a single channel then I probably do the same thing you do. I have seen what it does when custom connected to a busy channel. Lag in stick command inputs before it decides to execute Auto failsafe RTH. I would not dare force shutdown my RC for any reason if I feel there is risk.

. Sorry, I totally lost sight of reason for RC, AC on sequence. What risk do I get with RF noise and other stuff you said? Do I get risk of not able to connect? I came from RC/AC on sequence. That is the norm for analog transmitters. I am not knocking your pre flight routine. I tested my drones for auto failsafe RTH. Its ability to reconnect after a force shutdown of remote. If for any reason it fails to reconnect, it goes through RTH sequence. If I were operating in a single channel then I probably do the same thing you do. I have seen what it does when custom connected to a busy channel. Lag in stick command inputs before it decides to execute Auto failsafe RTH. I would not dare force shutdown my RC for any reason if I feel there is risk.
Although failure to link is unlikely due to unique identifiers within the digital link. There is a risk of dropped/corrupted frames within the data streams.
This can manifest from anything to poor range to lowered resolution from stick commands to even a failure on first attempt for a single switch command (switching to sport mode for example).
Although there are parity checks done via check bits within the data stream itself a total loss of frame(s) cannot be corrected and can result in momentary 'loss of signal' or 'weak signal' errors appearing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502