Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sports mode when it is in atti?

hostar

Join
Dec 11, 2017
so I was messing around with the spark indoors, trying to get to know the app features better. And practicing my flying.

I decided to fly into a very low light/dark bathroom. I was in atti/Opti mode. As soon as it went into the bathroom it went into sports mode.

The drone was moving around like it was in sports mode. I am assuming that I because it lost opti and was in atti mode that made it sped up?

Of course I crashed as sports mode in a tight spot is pretty difficult. Lol. Lost a prop. Oh well.

No prop guards as I fly indoors quite often and have flown a lot of toy drones. It was just surprising at how fast the spark sped up when it lost vps mode in atti mode.

so I was messing around with the spark indoors, trying to get to know the app features better. And practicing my flying.

I decided to fly into a very low light/dark bathroom. I was in atti/Opti mode. As soon as it went into the bathroom it went into sports mode.

The drone was moving around like it was in sports mode. I am assuming that I because it lost opti and was in atti mode that made it sped up?

Of course I crashed as sports mode in a tight spot is pretty difficult. Lol. Lost a prop. Oh well.

No prop guards as I fly indoors quite often and have flown a lot of toy drones. It was just surprising at how fast the spark sped up when it lost vps mode in atti mode.

My bet is that you haven't read the manual about lighting requirements for indoor flying...

Am I right?

Reactions: aviscomi
My bet is that you haven't read the manual about lighting requirements for indoor flying...

Am I right?

I know that vps needs some kind of grid or to be able to see the ground and pattern.

My concern was that once it lost vps I expected drifting but not at the speed of sports mode.

It can't just "go" into Sport mode, you need to enable it with the switch on the RC

That’s what I am trying to say. It was in atti mode and lost vps. All of a sudden the spark behaved like it was in sports mode. Kind of surprised me.

Nothing to do with sports mode, but ATTI is very sensitive on the spark indeed. Don't know if that was fixed at some point since I run older firmware.

Nothing to do with sports mode, but ATTI is very sensitive on the spark indeed. Don't know if that was fixed at some point since I run older firmware.

I guess when I fly at home it is normally in atti mode with vps. Atti mode without vps is a whole another level.

It definitely is very sensitive. I am going to put on prop guards and try to recreate the sensitivity tomorrow.

I am going to put on prop guards and try to recreate the sensitivity tomorrow.

To make a valid comparison, make sure you replicate the bad lighting environment...my bet is that's the problem...which could have been avoided in the first place...by reading the...well, you know. o_Oo_O

22vkcd.jpg

VPS needs good lighting to work. When you went into the dark area the VPS cannot adjust to the floor and then since the room has different dynamics the air was making the drone drift and it probably went a little crazy trying to stay steady and made it look like it went into sport mode but in reality it was just trying to stay stable.

Nothing to do with the air. As mentioned when the spark switches to ATTI it uses overly sensitive settings for some stupid reason (even more than sport actually).

Nothing to do with the air. As mentioned when the spark switches to ATTI it uses overly sensitive settings for some stupid reason (even more than sport actually).

I agree with this. I know vps needs lighting, before I went flying into the bathroom. I was just messing around with the spark to see how it reacts. The spark reacted a lot different then I thought it would.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bornzero2none