Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sparky Goes to Sea

AirCam

Join
May 29, 2018
Loc
Florida
Litchi waypoint mission on my Spark. Other than adding music and trimming junk off of the beginning and end, absolutely NO post processing has been done with this video. It is exactly as recorded on the SD card. This is the first time I have run a mission from near ground level(4 feet agl). It was pretty amazing to see it return to within a couple of feet of its starting location down here among the trees where it is nearly impossible to get good GPS reception. I have been using my Jeep to chase the drone so I can maintain line of sight.

This mission was a total of 6,178 feet, with over half of that over salt water. About 2/3 of the flight was going some direction other than forward. The longest mission I have done with Litchi was 2.3 miles, but I prefer doing shorter trips. Litchi allows me to get smoother, predefined, repeatable video that I could never get with just joystick control

Aircam...why do you think the horizon was tilted in parts of the video? Also, was the mission totally automated? Or were you controlling part of it? Like gimbal tilt?

And you had radio reception the whole time? I'm just wondering...dumb question...does Litchi carry on the mission even if radio contact is lost?

Thanks...

The horizon was tilted because the drone was flying sideways, and the sideways tilt of the drone exceeded the ability of the "software stabilization" axis to compensate for the tilt.
The mission was totally automated. I pressed go and watched the show.
Radio reception was intermittent because of the tree cover but I was physically following the drone in my Jeep so I could maintain vlos. Over the water, radio reception was fine because there were no obstacles blocking the signal.
Lichti will carry on with the mission if radio signal is lost. The mission instructions are stored in the drone, so it does not need contact with the RC to complete the mission once it starts.

Wow that's some Wooded area you live in hahaha definitely litchi is needed or a boosted antenna to get signal through all them Tree's

Very well done. That is an exceptional flight - and very brave. The tilted horizon was very interesting. Have you made the flight public on mission hub?

That's so cool. I've heard you all talking about LItchi, maybe it's worth a look. :)
Nice flight!
I'm just not that brave to really go much further than 1500 feet without worrying about where it's gone. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast