Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark was landing and caught a on limb came down and hit a rock cracked at motor housing, what now?

There's the Murphy's Law we were just talking about...If you had bought DJI Refresh that wouldn't have happened!

You could send it to DJI for an estimate to repair it. I'm not sure if they charge for an assessment.

If you buy another one you'll have spare parts and you could get away just buying a base Spark, if you already have battery's & controller, etc.

Sorry for your loss. Did you have it long?

Did you have prop guards? I have crashed my Spark four times including from thirty feet down to a concrete driveway.
It never suffered any damage other than a bent prop guard. I have said this on another posting, if you are not an expert at flying please use prop guards.

I sent mine back to DJI repair. They were quick and reasonably priced. The motors themselves are easily replaceable but the housing is integrated into the frame. A broken frame requires nearly complete disassembly so you will likely get someone else's refurbished unit upon return.

If they give you an estimate and you decline the repair they charge you $65 or $75 for the evaluation.

When you receive back your repaired drone you again have 72 hours to purchase DJI Refresh -- do it.

Reactions: mano
I sent mine back to DJI repair. They were quick and reasonably priced. The motors themselves are easily replaceable but the housing is integrated into the frame. A broken frame requires nearly complete disassembly so you will likely get someone else's refurbished unit upon return.

If they give you an estimate and you decline the repair they charge you $65 or $75 for the evaluation.

When you receive back your repaired drone you again have 72 hours to purchase DJI Refresh -- do it.
good ideas

Reactions: Andre Levite
Thanks for info guys.I`ve had it for two wks. ,so I don`t know alot. (I do know how to break one now)

they're toys, it is ok when they break. just fix them and keep having fun.

that's my mantra anyway.

Thanks for info guys.I`ve had it for two wks. ,so I don`t know alot. (I do know how to break one now)

There are lots of parts available on EBay too if you know someone who could fix it...I kept mine in Beginner mode for the first few weeks with the prop guards on and didn't play with the camera at all until I got comfortable flying....and hey, the sun is shining and i have a few minutes....Time for a flight!

I (not actually me flying at the time)broke my motor housing off and repaired it with epoxy. No issues since. I bought a spare body for 20 bucks online incase I need it. There is a youtube video on how to change out the body.

It is not impossible to buy all the parts you need. I am lucky enough to be able to buy from Taobao as I am in China right now. I had a small crash an lost a battery, the LED light shade on one corner and damaged the ring that hold the cover. All replaced for next to nothing.

The part you need is this one I think, see photo, but you can also sign up to AliPay with a European / US bank card and buy direct like me.

Reactions: Bob Radford
I bought mine on ebay. Search for Spark middle frame, there are several to choose from, I also bought a red top for mine there.

Hi Bob, yes ebay is always good. I was only pointing out an alternative, specially for Asian members and also for everyone else.
Thank you, if we all pitch in with different sources of parts, readers can make the best choice themselves, nothing wrong with that.
I’m glad the glue worked!!!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar