Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark propellers

amir

Join
Dec 30, 2017
Hi just noticed now some how a couple of my propellers are kind of split just lightly though any suggestions of getting new props from a different source as the official dji shop asking £9.00 a pair.[emoji21]

Reactions: Mike Brown
Maybe try eBay or Amazon? Just be careful that you're not buying 3rd party props.

Reactions: amir and dji_lando
Bought a combo Spark and in looking at the props I noticed the edges were very rough from the injection molding process so I used some 8000 cloth on them to smooth them up. Can't say that it helped in any way other than my peace of mind...

Found a set on Banggood for around £4. They look and feel well made - haven't flown with them yet though.

Found a set on Banggood for around £4. They look and feel well made - haven't flown with them yet though.
It's not so much about the look and the feel...more about if they're balanced and the "knock offs" typically are not.

Know a convenient way to test 'em ?
Trial & error...typically if your drone vibrates excessively then the props are crap. As others have said, "trying to save a few $ on a crucial component is not wise".

I purchased third party props off e-bay because I wanted some Red props. They looked perfect, could see no difference. My spark would barley fly. Worst waste of $ I have been guilty of in a long time! I will get my props at Best Buy or some official DJI dealer from now on.

I made a decision to stick with the authentic DJI props for my Spark. Yes, they are way more expensive than I could get 'knock off' props for. But I have seen photos of props with the little attachment tab broken off in flight. Just not willing to risk the Spark to save a few bucks.

Props are probably the biggest single point of failure in the entire airframe on the Spark. If you want to risk a $400.00+ investment by chintzing on the actual rotary wings of an aircraft that's your business, but if they crap out and you want to get DJI to warranty the damage you might be disappointed. They designed the total package, so I think DJI might have a reason to expect us to use genuine parts.

Eat Ramen noodles for a week and use the savings to buy DJI props.

Jake

In Canada it costs me 26 bucks for a set of 4 authentic DJI props. I can get knock offs on Amazon for 9 bucks for 4. Not exactly 5 bucks more.
Did not realize you were in Canada

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewDatcu