Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

spark otg q

just so you know,i did searches across several boards and got vague mixed opinions
and it appears im still looking
thx

Yes John, a very debatable subject the OTG. here’s one thread that has some good thoughts on the matter.
DJI SPARK range
The title is misleading because the OTG does not increase the distance the Spark can fly, but many pilots feel it does.

Yes John, a very debatable subject the OTG. here’s one thread that has some good thoughts on the matter.
DJI SPARK range
The title is misleading because the OTG does not increase the distance the Spark can fly, but many pilots feel it does.
This is where I'm maybe misunderstanding the situation since from what I've read, If using an android phone to communicate with the controller then it can only use 2.4ghz.

This leaves 5.8ghz to communicate between controller and spark.

5.8ghz has shorter range than 2.4ghz.

So by using an otg cable, this frees up 2.4ghz for RC to spark communication.

This is only my understanding from what I've read up to date, so please step in and correct me or teach me if or where I'm wrong.
Cheers

This is where I'm maybe misunderstanding the situation since from what I've read, If using an android phone to communicate with the controller then it can only use 2.4ghz.

This leaves 5.8ghz to communicate between controller and spark.

5.8ghz has shorter range than 2.4ghz.

So by using an otg cable, this frees up 2.4ghz for RC to spark communication.

This is only my understanding from what I've read up to date, so please step in and correct me or teach me if or where I'm wrong.
Cheers
You can select which frequency you connect with, from RC to AC. It isn't limited to 5.8 on Android.

5.8 isn't necessarily shorter range. Higher frequency isn't as good at going through stuff, so not the best if there are a objects in the way. This is why it is preferred when in open spaces, a tree won't necessarily kill the signal. That said, 5.8 band is far less crowded than 2.4, so it may actually get better range in some areas due to less interference.

The idea with OTG is that it eliminates interference between the RC and your phone. Less radio noise should mean better signal overall (thus range). Also, there is usually less delay in the image over OTG since it need not be packaged into a wifi signal. All that being said, numerous controlled tests on YouTube show that the difference in range between OTG and WiFi connection is minimal, to virtually nonexistent.

The best I can see, through all the debate, is that the only advantage to OTG is a more reliable connection to phone. Some report on wifi getting frequent "poor video signal" errors, which I suspect are phone-to-rc signal issues, and not rc-to-ac. But the app doesn't tell you this, or maybe doesn't know this, leading to a stressful flight experience.

Hey! Thanks for the informed reply and I apologize for my misinformed guesses.

I'm learning as I go here.

Cheers!

thx guys i appreciate the help,clears up several issues,of course one issue wasnt aware of is the otg cable can only go in one way,yes non helpers i discovered this from the internet but i still appreciate the heads up;)
the reason my going with otg is to free up the wifi so i can access my unlocking list and get NFZ unlocked ,in doing that the unlocking list says im not signed into dji which i am,,,,any ideas
thx in advance.

I don't know about the unlocking lists but...
I just unlocked nfz with nld if that's an option for u.

Only restarting the app, but aside from that, clueless. May have to start a new thread, Geofence NFZ Unlocking

NLD no limit dronez

Costs 25 bucks.

Seems to unlock lots of stuff and has stable feedback from what I found.
For me, it was worth a try. Still need to test fully...

I learned some here too, often it seems people assume everyone has same knowledge, and some that think they know really don't, I use 5.8 mostly I keep my spark in sight, 5.8 for me does not loos3 video signal as much as 2.4 does and O know there are contributing factors, for me is it is easier to remember that 5.8 and 2.4 are radio frequencies and not really wifi like a laptop or phone

Ben, correct me if I’m wrong on this. But most wifi, Bluetooth and even cellular devices will automatically choose the optimum band, frequency or radio wave, will it not?
So going in and thinking we should change those based on what we think is right can do more harm than good.
Afterall we’re not living in those times when ham radios had to be manually adjusted for the optimum signal.

NLD no limit dronez

Costs 25 bucks.

Seems to unlock lots of stuff and has stable feedback from what I found.
For me, it was worth a try. Still need to test fully...
So you’re saying this app will automatically open these no fly zone areas?

Manny you are smarter than I am on this stuff, I think it depends on the expierence of the pilot, I would not recommend a pilot that is a beginner messing with the freq settings, it is beneficial based in the enviroment you fly in.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast