Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark not charging from USB power bank

hg87

Join
Feb 13, 2018
Any idea why the Spark is not charging? It should start automatically when I plug in the cable but no flashing LEDs on the battery.
Any idea what is triggering the charging? The power bank should have enough power @ 11.000 mAh and can charge @ 2.1A.

It may take a few seconds to start charging. Also note if the charger is standard USB 5v/2.0A it will take at least 2 hours to charge fully.

Get a better Power bank, I have several and some will not charge the Spark at all
the bigger better ones work flawlessly

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
I think you are right. I'll try another cable first but may have to get another power bank.

If you want to charge the spark get a power bank with QC3.0; that should charge the battery in approximately 60 minutes.
Remember that the power bank capacity is often based on 3.7v and the Spark charges at 13v. Very roughly speaking expect 2 charges from a 10000mAh rated power bank.
I'd suggest you look at the DJI power bank which would allow you to charge extra batteries.

I think you are right. I'll try another cable first but may have to get another power bank.
You mite try the DJI Power supply unit you get the unit plus 2 batter's So can have the spark and 2 battery's charging it one time.
That's what i have with 3 more battery's in the charger that came with the combo give me 6 to start the day and able to charge 3 more
in the charging unit on site. Works very well you can fly all day long. Also Energen is coming out with a new charger the 360 witch
will charge the spark and all the DJI drones USB ports 120v ports charge all charger nice

I would like to be able to charge on the go. We are travelling for a few months and don't always have access to mains. [emoji3]

Actually it was the cable, charging works now with a better quality cable. Silly.

I would like to be able to charge on the go. We are travelling for a few months and don't always have access to mains. [emoji3]

Actually it was the cable, charging works now with a better quality cable. Silly.
The DJI charger is portable like your power brick but charge's 3 at a time

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar