Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Just Dropped Out Of The Sky!

can you share a video please?
View attachment 1569 View attachment 1570 View attachment 1571 View attachment 1572

Well, it JUST happened!...

I was trying to get some sunset shots by my house. I was hovering about 50’ off the ground... got my shots, flipped it into sport mode to just play around a bit before going inside... pushed the stick forward, flew around in a circle, then let off the stick, it pitched back as if to ‘brake’ and... it blacked out and dropped like a stone 50’ to the pavement! Battery separated from drone and broke on impact, motor case broke apart on the leg that impacted and that same leg cracked away from the main body. It’s too late to talk to DJI via chat, so I will have to anxiously wait until tomorrow morning. Not happy at all! I just hope this doesn’t count toward my DJI Refresh, cause I did nothing wrong, it just shut off and dropped like a brick!! Battery still had better than 90%, I had just taken off and grabbed one still shot!

DJI Spark f/w ver. 01.00.0600

**i tested it just for a minute, in a safe environment of course... it powered up, hovered 4ft AGL normally, but I will of course not fly it anymore due to the obvious damage to the body. I am impressed that with the damage it took, it still powered and “flew”, though I’m sure more intense flight would cause further failures...

It is the active braking that is causing excessive tilt and the motors to turn off. I have adjusted the active braking way down in the parameters. If I remember correctly the stock value is 130. I have adjusted mine to 85. This reduced setting results in less aggressive braking when you let off the sticks. Even with my 60 degree pitch and 48mph top speed I don't have these issues. The parameter is in the DJI assistant. Watch the YouTube videos by DIGDAT0 to see how to adjust the parameters.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bornzero2none