Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark is eating my batteries

Urban Legend

Join
Jan 23, 2019
Hi guys, Im really concerned here... Yesterday I flew sparky against a wifi antenna (mounted antenna on a public school ground)... After the flight, when I removed the battery it has a black mark like it had blown, the battery doesn't charge, the battery hub shows a red light, my second battery was charging in the same hub fine... This morning I flew again using the other battery, after flight I attempted to charge the battery and now it not charging anymore(the battery has one green light flashing continuously) ... can anyone please help me with that has happened to my spark. Did spark kind of short circuit, it flew fine on a charged battery but after running down, it doesn't want to charge

The battery on the left was the battery I had in spark when I flew against the wifi antenna... The other one had no problem and was charging fine until I used in after the incident, now it doesn't charge just like the one on the left

Attachments

• 1548910601970942486053079525016.jpg
    1548910601970942486053079525016.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 131
How low was the second battery when you tried to charge it? And did you try to charge it immediately after your flight? If the battery is still warm from use, it won't accept a charge until it cools.

The first battery looks as if it may have been dangerously hot. I wouldn't even try to charge it.

Take a close look at the metal contacts on the Spark in the battery compartment. You may have bent or fouled contacts causing a short.

Less likely could short out from moisture such as condensation from extreme temperature changes (rain, fog, dew).

I favor problem with aircraft hardware (contacts) given it happened to 2 different batteries.

Hi guys, Im really concerned here... Yesterday I flew sparky against a wifi antenna (mounted antenna on a public school ground)... After the flight, when I removed the battery it has a black mark like it had blown, the battery doesn't charge, the battery hub shows a red light, my second battery was charging in the same hub fine... This morning I flew again using the other battery, after flight I attempted to charge the battery and now it not charging anymore(the battery has one green light flashing continuously) ... can anyone please help me with that has happened to my spark. Did spark kind of short circuit, it flew fine on a charged battery but after running down, it doesn't want to charge

This isn't going to answer your question but I'm wondering why your Spark's obstacle detection allowed it to fly into the wi-fi antenna which must have been a fairly large object.

This isn't going to answer your question but I'm wondering why your Spark's obstacle detection allowed it to fly into the wi-fi antenna which must have been a fairly large object.

Obstacle detection only detects objects in front of the drone.

Yeah, that's probably one of the reasons, that the spark only detects in front and below... But also I'm doubting that it detects objects that are "small" in the sensor, like a thin wire...

You didn't say what the status light on the charging hub was showing?

Try looking at the flight logs. Go to the POWER page and there will be a number of tabs with info on the battery. Perhaps it will provide a clue.
Barbara, I love your signature quote.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barbara
Check on the Dji GO4 app...(right off the done) I think it's one of the menu buttons in one of the corners...

The battery on the left was the battery I had in spark when I flew against the wifi antenna... The other one had no problem and was charging fine until I used in after the incident, now it doesn't charge just like the one on the left
first either you bought fake batteries online dont do that buyy off dji or make sure they are reputable.... or your charger outside charger is bad stop using it get another or charge from the spark

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fulavio