Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark guts

Brojon

Join
Jul 23, 2018
Anyone have a layout of all the Spark modules?
I know where the modules are in the Mavic and Phantom - it helps when attaching things like Strobon lights so you don't block the GPS, WiFi and whatnot.

Great! So GPS/wifi is in same location as Mavic - rear end on top.
The video I found was useless as the bozos doing it were guessing at the function of the devices.

Great! So GPS/wifi is in same location as Mavic - rear end on top.
The video I found was useless as the bozos doing it were guessing at the function of the devices.
The wifi antennas are located near the front, on either side, just behind the camera. Yes the wires connect at the reader, but they just lead to the front.

Reactions: Haggi
Yeah - I figured with the antennas - more worried about messing with the compass and GPS.

So, I assume that the first module that was removed that sits above the battery is for sure the GPS and compass of the Spark. In that case, a Strobon or any other light is not going to affect the GPS or compass when mounted between the battery and the VPS. After looking at the video of the disassembly of a Spark I was in amazement of the complexity of this drone and could be more appreciative of it's price.

Strobon or any other light is not going to affect the GPS or compass when mounted between the battery and the VPS.

Don't mount the strobe near the bottom VPS !!

When I received my first strobe from Mike @ Spark / Phantom Help, I mounted it on the bottom and my first flight was almost it's last.

The flashing strobe is intense and blinds the Spark, affecting the VPS as it can't see the ground.
The Spark constantly "bounced" in the air at about 10 -20 feet right after launch.

I managed a very rough landing.
That was a terrifying 31 second flight.
I relocated the strobe to the arm(s) via the prop guards and all is fine.

I have "Velcro" pieces pointing down, forward, and rear.
The strobe seems to be far enough away from the VPS and doesn't affect it.

20180706_162805.jpg

Reactions: Haggi
Good point! I had not thought of that.

That is a great idea! Post a picture of it when you get it done.

Reactions: pmshop
The landing skid finally came in.
I hate those that advertise as a local shipper and turns out to be a drop ship.
Here is what the Spark looks like with the Skid and Strobe attachment:
View attachment 6313View attachment 6314

DON'T fly with the strobe there!

At least my experience with it mounted there was a 30 second terror flight.

As soon as I launched, the strobe blinded the VPS and the Spark was very erratic.
It bounced in the air from 10-20' like a pogo stick and I had to do a controlled crash landing.

I've since moved them out to the arms pointing down with no problems.

My flight was in the daytime btw.

DON'T fly with the strobe there!

At least my experience with it mounted there was a 30 second terror flight.

As soon as I launched, the strobe blinded the VPS and the Spark was very erratic.
It bounced in the air from 10-20' like a pogo stick and I had to do a controlled crash landing.

I've since moved them out to the arms pointing down with no problems.

My flight was in the daytime btw.

Hmmmm,directional shield maybe :oops:

Reactions: Spark 317
Be careful experimenting.

Hmmmm,directional shield maybe :oops:
I was thinking that too. I don't understand how it could affect the VPS since the sensor is IR. But I won't argue with Spark 317 in that it does. I might suggest that you fabricate a mount for the strobe that attaches between the skids. that might even give you more visibility as it is positioned further down. Just a suggestion.

I don't understand how it could affect the VPS since the sensor is IR.

There is an actual camera on the bottom too.

It's what the Spark sees when establishing the floor pattern, RTH percision landing, etc.

There is an actual camera on the bottom too.
It's what the Spark sees when establishing the floor pattern, RTH percision landing, etc.
I was not thinking about that. Thanks for setting me straight. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef