Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

spark descends one meter after a flight to the north

james pawlyk

Join
Jun 1, 2018
and ascends one meter after a straight flight to the south.

I was out doing some basic test flights of a new spark, (had a mishap a with old one) and was flying it back and forth about 30 feet mostly in a north south line. Like the title says the when i let go of the stick after the northward path the drone would drop about a meter. Going back the other way it would rise about the same amount after i let go of the stick.

Should I re calibrate the compass? Never saw anything like this with my last one.

Were you in sport mode? Sometimes I have noticed variations on height due to flying in sports mode but nothing big that I needed to worry about.

Pretty sure I was not in sport mode. I have seen where if you go full throttle forward in sport mode you loose altitude and have to compensate. This was move forward 30 feet, stop, drop one meter: down. go the other way stop raise one meter: up. Repeated a bunch of times.

I have seen mine drop some, but a meter is quite a bit. I believe you also lose altitude in turns.

Yeah, I don't think I clearly made the point here about how consistent and odd this is. I have about 20 or so hours on the quad that I crashed and I never have seen this before. The picture is I am on my front step in middle of 50 foot lot. I fly into next yard to right (north) stop. drone stops dead and then descends one meter. I then rise one meter, turn around and fly straight to neighbor's yard to left, stop. drone stops dead and then rises one meter. Absolutely repeatable. I guess nobody has seen this.

Finally got a chance to fly again. the north dip, south rise issue was not seen again. Slowly getting my confidence after crash of previous spark.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar