Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark controller not charging

Brianc

Join
Jul 2, 2017
Loc
Adelaide, South Australia
Hi, Spark controller will not charge.
I have tried several cables and plugged into the flymore charger, and into pc USB socket. Also examined the usb cables to see if damaged and if plugged in the correct way.
Any ideas please
Cheers
Olddrone

Since you had your Spark for a few months now, I guess it's safe to assume you've successfully charged your remote controller at least a few times. What changed between now and the last time you were able to charge it?

Since you had your Spark for a few months now, I guess it's safe to assume you've successfully charged your remote controller at least a few times. What changed between now and the last time you were able to charge it?
Hi, last flown early December then I was out of action with a knee replacement and only got it out Yesterday to top up the batteries - nothing elso I can think of.
PS I did do a software update
Thanks
Brian

How exactly are you attempting to charge the remote controller? What happens instead?

Hi, I normally charge 3 batteries on the multicharger, the controller on one of the usb ports of the multi and the 4th battery charged inside the drone.. This setup has always worked fine.
When the controller is turned on it shows 2 white lights the red power light but no signs of charging.. As mentioned i have tried many cable/separate charger combos but no result.
Thanks!

So, you plug in your remote controller and no lights illuminate on the front? It sounds like a hardware problem.

The remote controller would show 4 lights when powered on if it was fully charged.

You're correct.

Above though, the OP said the remote controller shows two lights when it's powered on.

Reactions: pvbret
Sorry for the delay (sleep)
After checking everything again I think someone (me) has damaged the usb port on the controller.
Would it be feasible to attempt fixing it myself?
At the moment the controller switches on and shows 2 charged lights plus red indicator for power and connection.
It is then possible to power off or leave it on until the left on warning sounds
Thanks to everybody
Cheers
Olddrone

After checking everything again I think someone (me) has damaged the usb port on the controller.
What makes you think you damaged it?

Sorry for the delay (sleep)
Would it be feasible to attempt fixing it myself?
At the moment the controller switches on and shows 2 charged lights plus red indicator for power and connection.
It is then possible to power off or leave it on until the left on warning sounds
Thanks to everybody
Cheers
Olddrone
Brianc, I read at least two other instances where somebody damaged the usb port. The thing about on the controller is if you look at it it is hard to see which side is the rounded side and which side it the flat side. What I do is take a USB cable and I insert it into my controller and then once it is in, I mark the top of the connector with a big "T" (for top) so then next time I know which way the cable goes in. I have seen too many people fiddling with it trying one way and if that doesn't work then trying the other way. This way I know the proper orientation the cable goes in and don't have to be at all hard on it when inserting the cable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef