Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark at 4286 mt / 14061 ft A.S.L.

pjaramillo28

Join
Feb 17, 2018
Hello

I am happy to report an also a proud owner of a spark that flew above 4286 mts / 14062 A.S.L. You know the felling from accomplish these little things with such a small aircraft... I had some strong wind on the peak of the mountains and was afraid that I could loose it , but turn out ok. I will edit the video and poste afterwards, in the mean time I loaded the flight record, which I still believeflight record.png is amazing for the spark. I will try once again next week to go close to 5000 mts / 16400 ft and let you know.

Regards,

Pablo

That is impressive! Would have figured the air would be too thin up there.

The magic of electric motors - they don't suck too bad with density altitude issues or flying up super high. The blades will lose a little efficiency I suspect but the motors have power to accommodate.

That's pretty high ! Shot a Sphere at 3000 meters in February, no issues noted except that my hands half froze, it was -20° celsius !

Hello

I am happy to report an also a proud owner of a spark that flew above 4286 mts / 14062 A.S.L. You know the felling from accomplish these little things with such a small aircraft... I had some strong wind on the peak of the mountains and was afraid that I could loose it , but turn out ok. I will edit the video and poste afterwards, in the mean time I loaded the flight record, which I still believeView attachment 4228 is amazing for the spark. I will try once again next week to go close to 5000 mts / 16400 ft and let you know.

Regards,

Pablo
Wow , how is this possible. I have i weak GPS directly What is The trick?

Yes the electric motors have enough power as Syphen pointed out and also I do not want to misled anyone, the launching site was at 4000mts at that peak on the ecuadorian Andes mountains, but the real thing is that the spark is able to cope with the altitude , which I was not 100% certain. i tried today launching from a higher peak but had no luck with the weather since was raining on and off all day. but I will keep trying to find out how high it can fly launching om a higher peak.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef