Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Apple Watch App

Splashy

Join
Nov 9, 2017
Have completed the flight controls part of the app and flown a few test flights using the watch. I have made 2 joysticks but have put one over the top of the other (left joystick at top). It works really well and was able to fly around my living room with great precision. Obviously not as easy to use as the phone but much cooler !!

The bluetooth does not seem to affect the Spark and it is connected to the phone via wifi. The watch is then connected to the phone via Bluetooth. All commands from the watch are then sent to the phone (transparently) and the phone sends the commands to the Spark.

Will be adding status info over the next day or so and then image display and hopefully live video feed.

If anyone is interested in beta testing then please pm me.

Reactions: TrooperDrone
If you are wearing the watch, and you have 2 joysticks to control, how are you doing it?
One finger per joystick?
Sounds kind of crowded on the watch face.

Or do you REMOVE the watch and use two hands to control it.
Which seems pointless.

In fact, I can't see a benefit at all in wearing a watch controller for your Spark.

A video feed to the watch might be neat if somebody wants to see what the pilot is seeing.

Reactions: suprPHREAK
Whilst it does support multi touch I agree that it is very crowded on the watch face and so you can only really use one joystick at a time.

For using the watch to set up a shot it is workable though. I think that the watch is more suited to taking a photo, switching to video/photo and starting to record video, for this is does work very well.

I agree that a quick glance at the watch to see the live feed could be useful in a variety of sports where you don't want to be getting your phone out or trying to get it to recognise the take picture gesture while you are riding down a mountain on a bike (or even skiing).

Have completed the flight controls part of the app and flown a few test flights using the watch. I have made 2 joysticks but have put one over the top of the other (left joystick at top). It works really well and was able to fly around my living room with great precision. Obviously not as easy to use as the phone but much cooler !!

The bluetooth does not seem to affect the Spark and it is connected to the phone via wifi. The watch is then connected to the phone via Bluetooth. All commands from the watch are then sent to the phone (transparently) and the phone sends the commands to the Spark.

Will be adding status info over the next day or so and then image display and hopefully live video feed.

If anyone is interested in beta testing then please pm me.
I would love to test it for you. I have a gen 3 which includes cellular so it will be interesting. Email is [email protected]

I'm on Series 3 - not sure I wanna risk my Spark though....

I have thought about doing something similar now that I have a s3 with LTE. I want to turn the watch into a gps “leash” that the spark will follow. Just not sure if this is even possible with the sdk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar