Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Smatree Power Bank Charger

ageloreyes27

Join
Aug 14, 2017
Anyone know any info on this:

Smatree Battery Power Station for DJI Spark,Charge 3 Flight Batteries Simultaneously,Up to 6 PCS Batteries Can Be fully Charged Before Recharging

Looks very interesting to have on you if you go for a hike

Reactions: smatree
I bought one on Amazon. Haven’t had a chance to use it yet but it seems very solid and well made. A bit to the heavy side. I wouldn’t want to carry it very far.

I bought one on Amazon. Haven’t had a chance to use it yet but it seems very solid and well made. A bit to the heavy side. I wouldn’t want to carry it very far.

If you have scales, could you weigh it WITH 3 batteries and then the charger by itself?

Thanks.

I purchased the Spark for it's portability. I stick it in my suitcase when I travel. What I'd really love would be a cable that can go from the stock charger directly to the battery so that I could charge my 2nd battery while flying the Spark with the first battery.

The stock charger says it will output 5V at 3A, 9V at 2A, and 12V at 1.5A. The batteries are 11.4V. So it would require at least 12V to charge them. Obviously they will not charge from a regular 5V USB charger.

I've seen chargers on Amazon that will charge several batteries and the remote at the same time. They have ports that look to be USB ports and cables from those ports directly to the batteries. The issue is those chargers are huge. Even the stock 3 port charging hub is more than I'd like to carry.

I'd love to just carry a cable that goes from the stock charger to a battery. that would be very compact and light.

If anybody knows where to buy this from in the United Kingdom, would appreciate a link! Can't find on Amazon or eBay. :-(

I purchased the Spark for it's portability. I stick it in my suitcase when I travel. What I'd really love would be a cable that can go from the stock charger directly to the battery so that I could charge my 2nd battery while flying the Spark with the first battery.

The stock charger says it will output 5V at 3A, 9V at 2A, and 12V at 1.5A. The batteries are 11.4V. So it would require at least 12V to charge them. Obviously they will not charge from a regular 5V USB charger.

I've seen chargers on Amazon that will charge several batteries and the remote at the same time. They have ports that look to be USB ports and cables from those ports directly to the batteries. The issue is those chargers are huge. Even the stock 3 port charging hub is more than I'd like to carry.

I'd love to just carry a cable that goes from the stock charger to a battery. that would be very compact and light.

You need the Rcharlance spark battery charger, it works off any powerbank

Rcharlance 5V 3A Android Plug Charger Converte Charging For DJI SPARK Quadcopter | eBay

When balance charging, as the spark charger does, each cell is being charged individually at <5v. That 12~13v input is actually being divided by 3, along with the input amperage by the charge controller. A 3 cell lipo is full at 12.6 total volts, with 4.2v per cell.

Setup properly, one could technically charge a 3 cell battery with a 5v input, not 12~13v necessarily. That input would also need to be around 1.5 amps however, to supply each cell a 500mA charge rate.

Now, obviously the chargers for say, the Phantom3 line DO charge at ~13v *in series* since they only have a 2 pronged connection. Balancing those cells is accomplished by the smart battery itself, internally.

Jus' sayin' :)

I forgot to mention, obviously a 3 cell lipo CAN be fully charged to 12.6v with only a 5v usb input, since the spark can charge it's battery via usb power while in the drone :)

I am not that happy in ordering this powerbank a few weeks ago. Now there are reviews in amazon with these in fire... I don't use my powerbank until I'll get further informations from the smatree Company.

check

Customer Review

or

Customer Review

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff Cash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member