Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Simple question about Spark for sale description

Sparksupersonic

Join
Oct 16, 2018
There’s a Spark for sale new without a box and the seller writes

“Brand New but no box, and for some reason the details are locked and it won’t let me de-select remote control so BUYER ATTENTION: NO BOX OR REMOTE IS INCLUDED.”

I’m assuming this is about using a phone or remote but not certain, and is this is a relatively simple matter?

Brand new and no box would send up warning signals for me. I, and I guess , many others would keep the box, at least until flying it is routine. I would leave it alone even if the problem mentioned can be rectified.

It sounds fishy to me, and you definitely want a remote controller. Also, FYI, if you don't buy your Spark from an authorized dealer, the warranty is void.

There have been some great deals on spark with remote control combos or the fly more combo lately.

Reactions: Sparksupersonic
Appreciate it yall.
Was looking for just the spark since I previously had one and have a bag with remote and accessories. I just need the drone again, and this is a good cost on ebay, but you’re probably right, better to be cautious. Ty

I appreciate it about the warranty too. I’ll have to watch who I buy it from if I get it from ebay then, as I would assume a lot of people selling them aren’t authorized dealers. I know some list that they are, but I figured if they’re legit sellers on ebay the warranty would be good. I thought lack of warranty had to do more with drones bought between individuals, like in classifieds here or something.

I appreciate it about the warranty too. I’ll have to watch who I buy it from if I get it from ebay then, as I would assume a lot of people selling them aren’t authorized dealers. I know some list that they are, but I figured if they’re legit sellers on ebay the warranty would be good. I thought lack of warranty had to do more with drones bought between individuals, like in classifieds here or something.

You can always get DJI Care Refresh if out of warranty. You just need to send them a Verification Video showing that it is fully operational. Highly recommended if buying a second hand Spark

why not contact the seller for more details?

I couldn’t, the form said seller couldn’t answer questions at this time. Yet seller did write Any questions just ask. After reading the answer here about the warranty though I’d rather get one from an authorized dealer.

You can always get DJI Care Refresh if out of warranty. You just need to send them a Verification Video showing that it is fully operational. Highly recommended if buying a second hand Spark

I had care refresh on my other Spark, it was nib from ebay in Sep, then had a fly away in Nov..
Do you know if you can transfer the time remaining on care refresh to a new drone if you didn’t apply it to a previous drone?

I had care refresh on my other Spark, it was nib from ebay in Sep, then had a fly away in Nov..
Do you know if you can transfer the time remaining on care refresh to a new drone if you didn’t apply it to a previous drone?

Have you tried getting DJI to replace it under the refresh? They have replaced a bunch of them lately that flew away, if they can determine it was not pilot error. It might be worth a try...I think you have to send them your flight records.

I'm not sure about transferring your refresh balance to a new one.

No. You cannot get credit for the "unused portion" of A DJI Refresh policy and apply it towards a different drone. The policy is attached to the serial number the aircraft. It is, however, transferable to the new owner if you sell it while policy is still in effect.

If you actually use DJI Refresh and receive a replacement drone you will get a new policy with credit for the time remaining on the original policy.

Wise choice....Also, if you can find a factory reconditioned one they carry the same 12 month warranty and everyone says you can not tell them from new.

I’ve considered a refurbished, that might be the way to go. Ty

I emailed dji about it but haven’t followed up with the flight data and video they requested yet. It was a hectic month, and I had put signs up and was giving trying to recover the drone more time so it could possibly just be a care refresh matter.
I’ll probably buy another one, and if dji eventually replaces it I’ll sell that one.

Reactions: mano
Wise choice....Also, if you can find a factory reconditioned one they carry the same 12 month warranty and everyone says you can not tell them from new.
Mine is a refurbished ,,it runs perfectly ,,I have had no issues at all ,,love it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmizzoni