Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Show us YOUR field kit!

GearHead83

Join
Mar 8, 2018
As my username implies, I'm a gear junkie. The only thing that I may love as much as my gear is the cases that the gear is stored in. Since purchasing my Spark in February I have carefully and methodically put together the following kit which I feel lends itself well to the way I use my drone. My main goal was to have the ability to stay in the air as long as possible but at the same time keep everything compact and small enough for packing into a day bag/hiking backpack/luggage. This kit is modular so that I can take only what I need for that particular outing or I can opt to bring everything which still has a small footprint but offers every piece of gear I would ever need in the field. Not shown (but included in the kit) are all of my cables, cords and extra props.

IMG_E2040.JPG IMG_E2041.JPG IMG_E2043.JPG

So let's see what you've got fellow Spark pilots, I'm eager to see how you guys manage your gear in the field!

Seriously though I like how you unitized all of your gear...Like my Dad use to say "A place for everything and everything in its place"
I'm still looking for my optimum Go-To-Bag
Take a look at this thread I made about the all-in-one solution I was using before I purchased my larger power bank with AC connection. I still feel this is the absolute best one case solution.

(Hard to see the embedded link, so here is another: LINK)

That one might do it as my Tablet holder was the last piece...Now over to the Post about Drones in Cabo to check on bringing batteries on the airplane with Lipo Safe covers and how much room does that case have for the batteries if they are in them.

Thanks for the heads up as its ordered and on its way.

Reactions: GearHead83
Take a look at this thread I made about the all-in-one solution I was using before I purchased my larger power bank with AC connection. I still feel this is the absolute best one case solution.

(Hard to see the embedded link, so here is another: LINK)

Point of Reference: The case I see in Amazon is here.

I don't believe it's the one you posted or is it?

Yessir, that is the original case I had. Fantastic case imo, especially at that price point. You'll be hard pressed to find a case at that compact size that fits as much as it does.

That powerbank! Way better than my Quickcharge 3.0 powerbank and RCStyle charging base: you're charging three batteries at once! How much mah is it? How much did it cost?
Yessir, this thing is a beast. Here is a link to the Omars 24,000mah power bank. Being able to charge my extra batteries on AC power while still being able to fly is awesome. The price to capacity ratio is the best out there and the reviews tell a story of reliability. I have yet to test how many charges I actually got out of it but so far it has supplied more than enough juice than I will ever likely use on one outing. Plus it has USB connections for my phone/controller. Very happy with this addition to my kit.

24D95C61-8DD3-481A-AEB0-6FC4A8ADCEAA.jpeg Here’s mine. Most of the time I just take the Charging Station Bag which has everything I need for a day out hiking. I either carry it in my photo backpack with my two DSLRs and lenses or I throw it in a regular backpack. The Charging Station’s built in battery can recharge all 3 of my Spark batteries and my phone or controller. If I need to re-charge the station, I can use my Goal Zero Sherpa 100 (two USB ports + regular power outlet) and it can be recharged using the solar panels, cigarette outlet, or a power adapter.

I had my Goal Zero setup before I even had a drone and use it especially when we are camping and don’t have access to power. I use it to charge my Laptop and camera batteries as well. It is an amazing versatile device.

Chris

I use that exact same case, it holds everything in the fly more combo plus my tablet and tablet holder, foldable sunshade, prop gards and the car charger. It really is a sweet case

Here’s mine. Most of the time I just take the Charging Station Bag which has everything I need for a day out hiking. I either carry it in my photo backpack with my two DSLRs and lenses or I throw it in a regular backpack. The Charging Station’s built in battery can recharge all 3 of my Spark batteries and my phone or controller. If I need to re-charge the station, I can use my Goal Zero Sherpa 100 (two USB ports + regular power outlet) and it can be recharged using the solar panels, cigarette outlet, or a power adapter.

I had my Goal Zero setup before I even had a drone and use it especially when we are camping and don’t have access to power. I use it to charge my Laptop and camera batteries as well. It is an amazing versatile device.

Chris

Sexy, compact, functional... awesome. What is the mah rating on that? How long does it take to charge typically via solar?

Oh well..
I'm a geocacher and fly drone.
Most of the time I need both hands free :)
Backpack is my way.

Stylish with room to spare!

Holy Moses... that Goal Zero Sherpa 100 thingy is 400-ish Euro's..in my region :(
Dang, that is expensive. Another question is the lifespan, will it die in 3 - 5 - 7 - etc. years?

What is the mah rating on that? How long does it take to charge typically via solar?

The Goal Zero is 98Wh and 8800 mAh. I have 2 solar panels (one with 3 panels and the other with 2) which can be used separately or chained together to have 5 panels. They also have other larger panels available. Charging by solar obviously varies by the light available. On a bright sunny day with no clouds, it would probably take a couple of hours or less to fully charge the Sherpa 100 unit. Each solar panel also has a USB port so it can be used to charge my phone or any other USB device like the controller, without having to charge or be connected to the Sherpa. I haven't had a chance to use the Goal Zero equipment yet with my Spark but will be using it this summer when we fly out to British Columbia and do some tent camping. I usually put the panels on the vehicle dashboard and charge my phone or other device and use the adapter (included) for the cigarette lighter outlet to charge the Sherpa.

On a previous trip to Fundy National Park, we were camping without access to power for more than 10 days. Using the Sherpa in combination with the solar panels and the car cigarette lighter we were able to keep all of our devices charged most of the time (DSLR batteries, action cam batteries, phones, and my laptop) even though the weather was not the best - cloudy most days.

Chris

Reactions: Haggi
Holy Moses... that Goal Zero Sherpa 100 thingy is 400-ish Euro's..in my region :(
Yes, it is! It is rugged and versatile and can be configured to meet your needs. There is a smaller unit (Sherpa 50) which costs less. My unit is 3 years old and works like new. Yes, the battery in the Sherpa unit will eventually die and have to be replaced. The solar panels are built to last and will last a long time. I originally bought the Goal Zero kit for my Fundy trip (see previous post) where we were going to be without power for over 10 days and needed to be able to charge my DSLR batteries, phones and my laptop. It did not disappoint.

Reactions: Haggi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d beard