Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sell my Spark for a Mavic?

semenick96

Join
Jan 1, 2018
Hello, I've had my Spark for just under two months and I'm loving it. Someone from my city got fined for flying their mavic pro near the city and now wants nothing to do with it and is offering it (the drone, two batteries, 8 props) for $400. Now I'm sure I can sell my spark (+remote and extra battery) for at least that.
My question is for anyone who has experience with both,
- how do they compare for ease of use?
- is there notable image and video quality difference?
- how does the optical avoidance compare?
I'd love to hear other experiences, stories and see footage!! Thanks so much

If there's a similar forum I've missed kindly refer me to that, as I don't want to upset anyone or waste your time.

Hands down the Mavic is better in ALL regards

Reactions: Vilco
There is TONS of information online/YouTube about the differences...I won't bore you with that.

If you like the Spark, and the Mavic is in good condition & perhaps if you can verify (if he is is friend/logs) then I would personally BUY the Mavic...and resell it for 600+ myself.

I would be cautious of a $400 Mavic though.

Hello, I've had my Spark for just under two months and I'm loving it. Someone from my city got fined for flying their mavic pro near the city and now wants nothing to do with it and is offering it (the drone, two batteries, 8 props) for $400. Now I'm sure I can sell my spark (+remote and extra battery) for at least that.
My question is for anyone who has experience with both,
- how do they compare for ease of use?
- is there notable image and video quality difference?
- how does the optical avoidance compare?
I'd love to hear other experiences, stories and see footage!! Thanks so much

If there's a similar forum I've missed kindly refer me to that, as I don't want to upset anyone or waste your time.
Why not keep both? For $400.00 that should be a no brainer. After you get it you can compare at your leisure, but you are getting over twice the capability for less than a Spark fly more combo.

I have both and I fly both for different reasons. I also enjoy them both.

Jake

Why not keep both? For $400.00 that should be a no brainer. After you get it you can compare at your leisure, but you are getting over twice the capability for less than a Spark fly more combo.

I have both and I fly both for different reasons. I also enjoy them both.

Jake
I'm a student on a student budget, if I could keep both I'd love to but one has to go

There is TONS of information online/YouTube about the differences...I won't bore you with that.

If you like the Spark, and the Mavic is in good condition & perhaps if you can verify (if he is is friend/logs) then I would personally BUY the Mavic...and resell it for 600+ myself.

I would be cautious of a $400 Mavic though.
Thanks for the warning, I'm having a knowledgeable friend check it out before I purchase

It depends on what you want to do honestly. Spark looks alot like a kids toy drone, to date I have never had a negative reaction when people see me flying. I've heard with the Mavic and other larger drones, people tend to get a bit uneasy when your flying an intimidating drone with a larger 4k camera attached. Just another thing to think about.

i think it really depends on what your needs are. I went with the spark over the mavic due to the flying size and drawing less attention when flying it. Also I didn't want to deal with 4k video and 1080 p was enough for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis