Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Samsung j6

donny1972

Join
Apr 16, 2019
Hi everyone I have just ordered a dji spark and have a Samsung j6 phone. Does anyone use a j6 with their spark? Iam worried that i will end up wrecking the drone on my first flight . Iam also reading thst apple device's seem to work better with the dji app.

Not sure about j6. I use it with a J7 without issues. WiFi connection to controller is ok but sometimes lose video. Best with usb.

A mobile device cannot wreck the drone on its own. The only difference the mobile device makes is how smoothly it runs the DJI Go4 app which gives you live camera view and telemetry data while flying. Yes, based on user feedback, it can be said that iOS devices work better in comparison to their Android counterparts. Many also say that iOS devices do not need OTG cable for a smooth live view. They are useable with WiFi alone. Androids on the other hand give a very choppy live view with WiFi alone. I am an Android user too and use an OTG cable all the time. I have never had any issues with the sub $150 Moto E4 Plus in my 6 months of flying. So I suggest you buy an OTG cable too for your device and see for yourself how it performs. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks nilanjan that does make me feel a bit more confident. My drone arrives tommorow so really looking forward to it's maiden flight. I dont intent to take it too far until i get ised to it.

Thanks nilanjan that does make me feel a bit more confident. My drone arrives tommorow so really looking forward to it's maiden flight. I dont intent to take it too far until i get ised to it.
Mention not. If you have the RC, there is nothing to worry if you are flying within VLOS. Even if the app crashes on your phone, you will have full control with the RC. So just take baby steps and fly safe. Good luck.

VLOS = Visual Line of Sight

It means you can determine the location of your drone and the direction it's flying by looking at it with your eyes.

Hi everyone I have just ordered a dji spark and have a Samsung j6 phone. Does anyone use a j6 with their spark? Iam worried that i will end up wrecking the drone on my first flight . Iam also reading thst apple device's seem to work better with the dji app.
Hi I have been using Samsung j3(6) since I got my Spark in Jan 2018 with no problems whatsoever.
I do however use a USB cable to connect to the transmitter and have never had a disconnection.

Cheers,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef