Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sailing in the carribean with the Spark or MPP?

nutsnbolts

Join
Nov 25, 2017
First off, I'm debating on which to bring. I'm leaning towards the spark in case something happens. Probably doesn't matter which I bring but if you had a choice which do you recommend?

Also whichever I bring. Any tips in making sure I don't lose it? Obvious one is to not take off whole moving.

Anything else I may need in case it takes a dip in the water?

I'd take the MPP since it allows the following setting to be set to "Hover":

DJI-GO-RC-Signal-Lost.jpg

That'll prevent your Mavic from landing in the water if the remote controller signal disconnects. Also, make sure you land it (catch it) before the battery reaches the critically low level. Take some extra batteries and don't try to fly each battery down to the lowest possible battery level.

I'd take the MPP since it allows the following setting to be set to "Hover":

View attachment 3189

That'll prevent your Mavic from landing in the water if the remote controller signal disconnects. Also, make sure you land it (catch it) before the battery reaches the critically low level. Take some extra batteries and don't try to fly each battery down to the lowest possible battery level.

Good point Msinger. I never noticed that the spark didn't have this option. I was hoping to also just bring my spark for portability and if I lose it, it won't be as bad as the MPP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef