Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sad Day

Ted Bush

Join
Feb 10, 2018
My first crash, got caught up in a tree and dropped about 50 feet and hit a concrete step. Luckily I bought the DJI care replacement policy. It will go to them tomorrow and we'll see how they treat me
Ted

Attachments

• DSCN0986.JPG
    DSCN0986.JPG
    6.9 MB · Views: 246
  • DSCN0987.JPG
    DSCN0987.JPG
    7.2 MB · Views: 224
  • DSCN0988.JPG
    DSCN0988.JPG
    7.2 MB · Views: 220
I just experienced the exact same issue. DJI fixed it for $49 out of pocket.
Fill out the info online, they'll send you a shipping label and order number.
Mine took about 15 days total before I had it back ion my hands.
Remember, the returned unit will require a signature when shipped back.

Man that is not a good sight to see,, hopefully DJi get you flying soon.. any reason for the accident or just one of those things..??

I bought the replacement care warranty so hopefully there will be no charge. As far as the crash, it was too windy to be out but it was a nice day and we haven't had many yet. I may have gotten too close to a tree when I was bringing it back to land.
TB

9 days for me, YES fill out the online form get free shipping label sent to your email.
Just replacing the body isn't good enough. you could have damage one of the boards as well.
They will send you a new one, when you get the replacement , email them your old S/N and have them add the new S/N
to your DJI care fresh .
I have always had nothing but good from DJI.
Keep use informed :)
OH make sure you place a copy of the email in the box that you send them.

Mine is in Grapevine, TX and I'm awaiting shipping. FYI I bought it second hand and had no trouble transferring the DJI Refresh package. My son ignored warnings to drop it after the battery warning and it sailed up into a tree and also fell about fifty feet. Cracked the board, broke off a motor, destroyed two other motors and also damaged the main board. Arrived in Grapevine last Friday, yesterday they emailed that they were inspecting it. By afternoon I had a Paypal request for $49. I paid it and this morning I got notice that it had been 'replaced'. This afternoon I got notice that it was 'shipping soon'. Each notice states that the next step will take 1-2 business days but actually advances daily. I'm ready to get her back.

Reactions: Pixar
I got drone insurance through State Farm. It was only $60/year and they will give me $700 no questions asked if anything happens to my Spark.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar