Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RTH and Low Battery

Aircraft800

Join
Feb 15, 2018
I was flying my Spark over water, not paying much attention to it because I was talking to someone admiring my drone.

I heard the Landing call-out and observed it starting to descend. I didn't panic and took over control bringing it back to me.

The battery was critically low, well below my 30% warning, but my phone volume must have been too low for me to hear it or I was distracted.

Shouldn't it have RTH at critical low battery instead of landing? Did I miss something in the setup? I've only got about 10hr on it, and don't want to repeat my mistake.

Thanks!

Reactions: PaulsSpark104
Close call. Yeah flying drones takes concentration. I don’t like when curious people approach and let them know instantly how distracting it is to flying responsively. Here’s an excellent resource that helped me understand the Spark’s RTH feature.

Close call. Yeah flying drones takes concentration. I don’t like when curious people approach and let them know instantly how distracting it is to flying responsively. Here’s an excellent resource that helped me understand the Spark’s RTH feature.

Yeah happened to me the other day. Curious pedestrian wanted to have a conversation with me while i was trying to land the thing. Had to tell him nicely to shut the hell up and allow me to land it. Lol.

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
image-4-e1455884422643.jpeg

At what distance was the drone from it's home point? I'm asking because it interferes with RTH behaviour.

According to DJI:

"Again it’s worth noting that the Spark is a little bit different with how DJI’s Return to Home operates. When the Spark’s RTH is triggered, if the drone is between 3 meters to 20 meters from its home point then the drone will just land automatically with the RTH at Current Altitude option disabled (the default setting in DJI GO 4)."

Last edited:
At what distance was the drone from it's home point? I'm asking because it interferes with RTH behaviour.

According to DJI:

"Again it’s worth noting that the Spark is a little bit different with how DJI’s Return to Home operates. When the Spark’s RTH is triggered, if the drone is between 3 meters to 20 meters from its home point then the drone will just land automatically with the RTH at Current Altitude option disabled (the default setting in DJI GO 4)."

It was at approximately 30m from me. I'll have to look at the log because I may have changed RTH at Current Altitude setting at some point, but I'm pretty sure I've always had it enabled.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast