Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

R T H

NRRTRAINS

Join
Jul 25, 2018
Loc
Staten Island, New York
today was my second day of flying my Spark , yesterday after i took off and it said " home point established " ( or something like that ) today only one or two beeps . i landed and set R T H from take off point . why no voice telling me that " home point established " . is my home point set ? or where cane i turn voice on ? .
thank you

today was my second day of flying my Spark , yesterday after i took off and it said " home point established " ( or something like that ) today only one or two beeps . i landed and set R T H from take off point . why no voice telling me that " home point established " . is my home point set ? or where cane i turn voice on ? .
thank you
There must be enough satellites, around 18. What I do if the message doesn't sound is to start the flight, checking the timeline in Go4 App. If I see a small circle with a letter H inside, I feel confident that the home point has been established.

Check your volume settings on your phone. Sometimes I experience the same thing and then I realise I've turned down the volume on my phone

Reactions: JoostGT3
Welcome to the forum! To maximize phone performance and minimize source of interference...

Before each flight:

Volume to Maximum
Brightness to maximum
Close all background apps
Clear RAM (or power cycle phone)
Wifi off (when using OTG cable)
Bluetooth off (keep cell service on for maps)
Turn off smart watch

You can search "pre flight check list" for more details but that's the basics

Reactions: DaveTN
When is it appropriate to use "Airplane Mode" on a mobile device albeit a phone or tablet? I have never been clear on this subject.

If you rely on a Cellular connection to the world for phone calls or live stream a flight, then leave your phone alone.

I myself don't need the distraction and that is why I set the device into Airplane Mode.

You don't necessarily need live maps as you fly as you can cache or download the area you'll be flying in.

Airplane Mode turns OFF the data stream from the world but still allows a WiFi signal to be used so that you can connect to the Spark.

If you fly with an OTG cable, leave the device in Airplane Mode and turn the WiFi OFF as now the Spark has no way to connect other than the cable.
This is guaranteed to see if the cable is working and not being fooled thinking it is when it probably connected via WiFi.

Some airlines have WiFi on the flight for the passengers to use during a flight and they should be in Airplane Mode as they fly to eliminate data streaming, hence the name.

Thank you for that detailed explanation. I was wondering if it killed the WiFi connection altogether.

Your welcome.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena