Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Prospective spark buyer

Yowza

Join
Jan 28, 2018
Hi all
I have been looking and researching the spark, and I am going to pull the trigger and get the spark flymore combo kit, however I have one question, is there a cable that connects the remote control to a Iphone 6, included, in the kit

Thanks for you help in advance

Hi all
I have been looking and researching the spark, and I am going to pull the trigger and get the spark flymore combo kit, however I have one question, is there a cable that connects the remote control to a Iphone 6, included, in the kit

Thanks for you help in advance
What you're asking about is an OTG cable. It does not include that. You can get one on Amazon for a few bucks.

And to cover bases. if you plan to is an Android device. OTG doesn't work as of 4.2.4

So if no cables are included, how does the RC connect to the phone ? ( WIFI) if so does this method not work correctly

So if no cables are included, how does the RC connect to the phone ? ( WIFI) if so does this method not work correctly
Yes your device will connect to the RC WiFi. The OTG reduces latency between the Spark and your screen. I use a iPad mini 4 (WiFi only) and I’ve never had a problem with connecting via WiFi but I do have an OTG cable that I will use so I can connect my WiFi only iPad to my phones hotspot.

Reactions: Yowza
My personal experience is I've no need for the OTG cable. I bought it early on, when a lot of people on this board said it was a necessity. I used it a couple times till I had a couple minor issues using the OTG, I quit using it. I've quit using it and have had ZERO issues. Distance is fine as I don't push max distance and fly LOS. I don't notice any latency.. So for me it's not needed or missed...

BTW, I use either an Iphone 6+ or an Ipad Mini 4.

My personal experience is I've no need for the OTG cable. I bought it early on, when a lot of people on this board said it was a necessity. I used it a couple times till I had a couple minor issues using the OTG, I quit using it. I've quit using it and have had ZERO issues. Distance is fine as I don't push max distance and fly LOS. I don't notice any latency.. So for me it's not needed or missed...

BTW, I use either an Iphone 6+ or an Ipad Mini 4.

I’m the same. OTG is pointless on iOS.

Reactions: Yowza
My question to you is why didn't you? Just go buy it...

I have ZERO regrets buying the Spark. Its a great drone. It does EXACTLY what it was designed to do and it does it very well. It comes down to knowing what you want in a drone and picking the correct drone for your needs.

Go for the Mavic Air wish i had

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zeca Couto