Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Props

idbl_fanatic

Join
Jan 9, 2018
How often do you, or have you had to replace your props? I am at 1 hr 50 mins flight time, 10, 742 feet and still on my originals, I have one spare set, but just wondering if I should order some more any time soon

Thanks

How often do you, or have you had to replace your props? I am at 1 hr 50 mins flight time, 10, 742 feet and still on my originals, I have one spare set, but just wondering if I should order some more any time soon

Thanks

You don't have to worry about that unless you see cracks, chips, or splits. Check the blades and mounting area before and after each flight, especially if you have hard landings or other types of blade contact with anything besides air.

Reactions: maumau
Checking each propeller for firm attachment and visual inspection should happen before every flight. I know some folks who rotate the props (i.e. use the same set but move to opposite motor), not sure what that does but I added it to my checklist. I don't think you should have to change any of the props until they exhibit some sort of defect/damage. Or you hit something with the Spark!

You don't have to worry about that unless you see cracks, chips, or splits. Check the blades and mounting area before and after each flight, especially if you have hard landings or other types of blade contact with anything besides air.

Has anyone tried sanding out tiny chips. I have a few rough edges probably from some twigs they came in contact with.

I was thinking maybe 400 fine grit sandpaper, and a light touch.

Okay, so I am 71 flghts in... 10+ hours and 53.5 kms (30 miles) My props still look pretty good, not sure when I should retire them.

I changed mine when I kept noticing a kind of surging noise as if it was perhaps compensating for imbalance and that stopped that problem. I think several encounters with tree branches were probably the reason.

Once the prop gets loose on the pins I change them . Holding the prop by the tip it should hold its weight . If it won’t it is retired .

190 miles on my spark, original props. They look the same as when new.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis