Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

POLL: Have you powered on your Spark with the gimbal lock attached?

Ever power on your Spark with the gimbal lock attached?

• No. I always remember to remove the gimbal lock.

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Yes, and it did not cause any damage.

Votes: 36 80.0%
  • Yes, and it damaged the gimbal and I had to repair my Spark.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Web
spark-help.com
A lot of people worry about damaging the gimbal after accidentally powering on the Spark with the gimbal lock attached. Have you ever done this?

Please vote above.

Reactions: Modris
On my Spark never I have forgotten to remove first the gimbal lock, but I forgotten it serval times on my Mavic Pro. ?

I'm better at taking the protective cover off than when I first got Sparky - all I ever get is a "Gimbal motor overload" message so I take off the cover and reboot.

Reactions: Spark 317
Gimbal lock for the Spark? You guys worrying about taking it off? Wow, I must have been forgetting to put it ON! Didn't know ther e was a gimbal lock for the Spark.

Reactions: Paul215
Gimbal lock for the Spark? You guys worrying about taking it off? Wow, I must have been forgetting to put it ON! Didn't know ther e was a gimbal lock for the Spark.
You're not using a gimbal lock to protect the camera/gimbal? It's an inexpensive accessory that could prevent a very expensive repair. The camera/gimbal is the most fragile part of the Spark.

Here are a few gimbal locks other people are using:

LEBRO (see it in action here)

PGYTECH (see it in action here)

PolarPro

Reactions: MarRoh
Mine looks like the first one, LEBRO.

You're not using a gimbal lock to protect the camera/gimbal? It's an inexpensive accessory that could prevent a very expensive repair. The camera/gimbal is the most fragile part of the Spark.

My case came with a spezial foam for the spark and when I attach a gimbal protector it's not fitting anymore. So I don't use one too

Same here. I didn't know the Spark had a so-called gimbal lock. I purchased my Spark used from a local private party who gave me a demo flight. He made no mention of one when he started her up. Also, the Quick Start guide makes no mention of one. Please clarify. BTW, I have since purchased a non-OEM gimbal sunshade which protects the gimbal but it doesn't lock it.

Also, the Quick Start guide makes no mention of one. Please clarify.

It's not a stock item.

It's an accessory to the Spark that you purchase to protect the gimbal.

It is not part of the Sparks firmware or GO4 app.

I had the first one shown but it kept falling off. I ended up getting the second one and love it. Besides protecting the front sensor it also protects the bottom sensors and it has a nice tight fit. I ended up putting a red strip of label tape on it so I remember to take it off before powering the spark on.

Reactions: McCloudSpark
Same here. I didn't know the Spark had a so-called gimbal lock. I purchased my Spark used from a local private party who gave me a demo flight. He made no mention of one when he started her up. Also, the Quick Start guide makes no mention of one. Please clarify. BTW, I have since purchased a non-OEM gimbal sunshade which protects the gimbal but it doesn't lock it.
"Lock" may be a bit misleading - it's just a simple push-on cover that covers and fits close around the gimbal keeping it from bobbing around and possible damage.

I had the first one shown but it kept falling off. I ended up getting the second one and love it. Besides protecting the front sensor it also protects the bottom sensors and it has a nice tight fit. I ended up putting a red strip of label tape on it so I remember to take it off before powering the spark on.
Same story here. I'm going to try the 2nd one too.

Reactions: Highflyer
I have the PGYTech cover, it is very good. never forgotten to remove it yet. wish I could say the same for my MP!

I have the LEBRO lock and yep, forgotten to remove it several times. My little Hoverbee just complains about a gimbal motor overload. I remove the gimbal lock and it forgives me like the little sweetheart it is.

Reactions: Greekislandlover

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis