Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Phone charges from RC when OTG connected

Criptix

Join
Aug 17, 2017
Loc
Brugges Belgium
Now I finally got OTG working and really enjoy the spark with confidence I noticed that my RC battery drains mutch faster then before on wifi connection (between phone and RC).
Is there a way to stop the phone from charging when OTG connected and drain my RC battery?
Just wondering. I have 2 problems now. The RC battery and the phone is getting very hot...

Now I finally got OTG working and really enjoy the spark with confidence I noticed that my RC battery drains mutch faster then before on wifi connection (between phone and RC).
Is there a way to stop the phone from charging when OTG connected and drain my RC battery?
Just wondering. I have 2 problems now. The RC battery and the phone is getting very hot...
Android? You should be able to drop the menu down, and select OTG, or something like that, there should be an option that says charge

The only way to stop OTG charging with Android is to use a rooted phone with the proper mods. This has been a common question since I first used OTG on my galaxy S3, a long time ago, if it hasn't changed since then.... It probably never will.

I'm not familiar with Apple, however I read on one post that it's possible to turn it off, or it doesn't even charge with I Phones.

I have rooted my Samsung S5 and installed an app to stop the charging. This works,the only downside is I have to stop the charging everytime I set everything up to fly.

Make sure you read all instructions I have rooted all my phones for years until my current one. Rooting opens a lot of features but you can brick your phone if you don’t do it correctly. XDA is awesome. The folks there know their stuff.

I had an LG G4 and Fire HD7 on 4.1.15(last version working with OTG before the current one). With both devices, it never charged the phone or RC.
However, after moving to a Pixel 2 XL and 4.2.12, it charges my phone albeit very slowly. As long as I leave the house with a fully charged RC, 3 batteries usually finish before the RC dies so it never worries me that it charges the phone.

No. For Android users, the phone becomes HOT. It will drain fast also your RC battery

My phone doesn't get hot, neither does my Nexus 7, and the RC battery is more than capable of keeping the device topped up for the three batteries that I fly in a session.

I'm glad, because keeping the device screen at full brightness, continuously displaying 720p video and using GPS drains my device very quickly.
I'd sooner have to recharge the RC more frequently than be unable to fly because of a flat phone/tablet battery.

YMMV. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis