Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG Here To Stay

Bubbles!!!

Join
Jun 13, 2017
Is OTG officially supported now with DJI? The spark Fly More Combo now has it included in the photo showing all that comes with it and am wondering if they have changed any statements yet?
mobile_2261e81a-ab71-4ef7-858a-b23439545e2f.jpg
Although I'm wondering if it's a mistake of sorts... Cause the list of items included in the FM Combo doesn't include the cable. Why must you be confusing DJI?!
Screenshot_20170806-233847.png
Screenshot_20170806-233854.png

OTG cable is for the goggles. It is not supported for mobile.

I do believe people are talking about the white OTG cable, USB to micro, this is for the goggles
Are you saying it's not able to connect the remote controller to a mobile device? I'm currently using my P4 OTG cable (with I believe is the same DJI cable). While it's not officially supported, it works just fine.

Reactions: Born In The Bronx
Are you saying it's not able to connect the remote controller to a mobile device? I'm currently using my P4 OTG cable (with I believe is the same DJI cable). While it's not officially supported, it works just fine.

I'm not saying that fully but it won't be officially supported. Do some thing in the app don't work or work correctly. Now on iOS devices it might be killed by Apple , since the OTG or RC does not have a MFI chip.

Got it. I'm just confirming that it currently works right now then ;)

Well yes and no.. if your ok without a signal strength meter and a few other things, then I guess it works.

Well yes and no.. if your ok without a signal strength meter and a few other things, then I guess it works.
Right. It's not a perfect solution. You also cannot set the RTH Altitude above 50 meters (which could be a deal-breaker in some flying locations).

But that's too short for the goggles? It looks like the cable used to plug USB A to micro B from charger to remote.

It's an adaptor for a longer standard cable.

The one in the photo at top is not the OTG cable, BUT an OTG cable is listed in the optional accessories for use with the goggles. :)
You might be right, it does look like the DJI OTG for the goggles.. Now on a real screen I can KIND OF see that it standard USB to micro cable?

Is that only regarding the Dji OTG cable or is it the same issue with other OTG cables?

I ordered a spark and the Dji OTG cable last friday. I was planning to use this cable with my lightning-USB cable from my iphone.

If I understand well I have to look for an other OTG cable?

Thx

Is that only regarding the Dji OTG cable or is it the same issue with other OTG cables?

I ordered a spark and the Dji OTG cable last friday. I was planning to use this cable with my lightning-USB cable from my iphone.

Thx

All OTG , not supported ... period!

Using another OTG cable is not going to help. When connected via OTG, some of the DJI GO features do not work as expected. That's as designed though since DJI does not support a connection via OTG.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast