Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG cable with IPad

Genby

Join
Nov 14, 2017
After last firmware update I noticed that my IPad now recognizes RC when connected with OTG cable only when the RC is FULLY charged! 2-3 flights - and IPad don't see RC anymore (( More worse is the fact that now, when connected with OTG, DJI Go app constantly shows message "weak signal transmission" (though the drone can be operated normally). When I connect via Wi-Fi, "weak signal transmission" message is gone. Did anyone faced the same problem and got any solution?

got any solution?

Yes, the solution is -- do not use OTG.

For the 10,000th time, DJI does not yet support it for the Spark.

It's unknown if they ever will.

I'm fully aware of the fact, it's not the solution. Cable still works and makes huge difference in drone piloting experience for me, even with these restrictions. Without the cable I lose connection in just 100 meters (

I'm fully aware of the fact, it's not the solution. Cable still works and makes huge difference in drone piloting experience for me, even with these restrictions. Without the cable I lose connection in just 100 meters (

100 meters? Where in the world are you?

Ok, sometimes more, but not so significantly. I fly mostly in Prague, Czech Rep. Tried to reinstall DJI app - and only lost all my flight records(

After last firmware update I noticed that my IPad now recognizes RC when connected with OTG cable only when the RC is FULLY charged! 2-3 flights - and IPad don't see RC anymore (( More worse is the fact that now, when connected with OTG, DJI Go app constantly shows message "weak signal transmission" (though the drone can be operated normally). When I connect via Wi-Fi, "weak signal transmission" message is gone. Did anyone faced the same problem and got any solution?

Bought ipad mini 4 specifically for using with spark/otg cable setup and i started having the same problem as well. Getting a constant weak image transmission but its perfectly fine, just recently though while using the otg cable im limited to 50m/163ft height. When i connect using wifi connection im able to change the altitude restriction.

Ok, sometimes more, but not so significantly. I fly mostly in Prague, Czech Rep. Tried to reinstall DJI app - and only lost all my flight records(

You need to contact DJI. I’m in the EU and get almost 800m, but intend not to fly in a city. That may be your problem.

I still use the cable with the iPad. The difference with the iPad is noticeable for me in that with the cable the video is smoother. I choose to ignore the weak transmission message for now.

Reactions: XunknownX
Seem like they are not going to support OTG, but rather smoothly discourage users from using it, maybe in favour of local authorities all over the world, who set more and more repressive drone rules(

You can roll back the firmware and you can use the app version 4.1.15, which should get rid of weak transmission signal message.

I’m not necessarily recommending you do that, but it’s an option.

You can roll back the firmware and you can use the app version 4.1.15, which should get rid of weak transmission signal message.

I’m not necessarily recommending you do that, but it’s an option.

On Android that process is easier, but he is using an iPad with Apple IOS. With IOS, you can only roll back as far as Apple allows you. Once Apple stops signing the firmware you cannot downgrade. IOS 11.2.2 was released today, so it will not be long before apple stops signing the previous version and you will not be able to downgrade.

There is a way to roll back the spark firmware and software with Charles Proxy, but I wouldnt bother just because of a false error. I've flown the furthest I have seeing that error and if it were true I would have lost signal way before I got out so far. Also, if I fly with the AutoPilot software instead of the Go App I do not see that error at all which is why I know it is DJI's software that is the issue. If they ever get everything working again, I will not upgrade it until I test everything.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis