Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Otg cable connects, but no distance, height...

Droggy

Join
Dec 6, 2017
Hi, when I connect my s7 to controller via wifi, i get satellites, speed, distance, homepoint when I take off etc. When I plug otg in, it still says ready to fly, but satellite icon is greyed out, no home point sets when I takeoff, no speed, distance, or altitude shows when flying. I'm lost. Any help would be appreciated. First pic is with otg connected, second is WiFi connection. Screenshot_20171205-200926.png Screenshot_20171205-174009.jpg Thanks, Gord

If you made the same mistake a lot us made updating to the new 4.1.18 version you lost the use of your otg cable. I am trying to get back to the 4.1.15, some have successfully done it but I haven't had any luck yet.my spark flies so badly now it's in hibernation

I just bought it 2 days ago
I feel your pain. I bought mine a couple days after the app update and had to roll back like everyone. That's after 2 day of trying to figure the thing out and scouring for this group on the web. There is a thread on here that's has everything you need to roll back your app.

Reactions: Droggy
Thanks for the help guys, I thought it was me that messed it up. I'll try to get it going afyer work

i went to buy a ipad 4 mini. it will work well. all the data telemetry will appear. however it will not appear in Android os. ipad4 mini is alot heavier and will not hold the ipad 4 mini. my next test is how far ipad+ no otg+or the distance is similar?

My mini4 (WiFi only) fits the controller but I choose to use a tablet holder and lanyard.

Here is a video for a remote lanyard.

Looks like a mini4 in the video?

Here's mine....

20171207_202020.jpg

Try to slide both sides in at the same time rather than one side and then the other.

I have a screen protector on so it's a snug fit.

Some people have resorted to carving out the pads to make it fit but I didn't do any of that.

i think my remote controller leg seem slightly bend. the other one is fit in tight . so i design my own phone,/ipad mini holder

IMAG0662.jpg a day is very bright looks at my htc u11 so dark until flying is risky. making a sun light blocker , i think it helps. this a new design i just made. i can improve later on

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis