Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG cable causes all indicators on DJI Go 4 app to read N/A

allthumbs

Join
Jan 2, 2018
When I connect my Samsung S8+ to to my spark all I can see on the DJI Go 4 app for all the indicators is N/A. No signal, no satellites, no battery indicator, no speed or height indications.

When I unplug the cable and fly without it everything works fine.

Anyone else experience this issue?

Reactions: SkyShark and Raphew
When I connect my Samsung S8+ to to my spark all I can see on the DJI Go 4 app for all the indicators is N/A. No signal, no satellites, no battery indicator, no speed or height indications.

When I unplug the cable and fly without it everything works fine.

Anyone else experience this issue?
Yes, a very known issue for Android, OTG isn't actually supported on spark.

Reactions: Kyle_Larson
Yes, DJI removed the OTG cable functionality. So using one will produce unusual (but widely known) issues.

If you search the forum, you will find a bunch of threads about this issue.

If you want OTG, you need to downgrade to 4.1.15. That's the last version, where OTG worked on Android.

So does it work on iOS phones why not android?
A better way of phrasing it is..."The OTG just happens to work with IOS, though DJI does NOT support it as of this time".

So does it work on iOS phones why not android?
IOS is a ring fenced O/S every iphone or ipad on the same version is identical and therefore easy to code for wheras nearly every android device out there including mine ha5z different manufacturers front end and tweaks making coding less reliable and for a safety critical feature its not good

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
IOS is a ring fenced O/S every iphone or ipad on the same version is identical and therefore easy to code for wheras nearly every android device out there including mine ha5z different manufacturers front end and tweaks making coding less reliable and for a safety critical feature its not good

It does not work on any Android device So your theory is rubbish. Even CrystalSky doesnt work with otg cable.

It does not work on any Android device So your theory is rubbish. Even CrystalSky doesnt work with otg cable.
I think that Dave woods was trying to explain why DJI is having an issue with developing a solution for OTG to work on Android OS and he is 100% correct

I think that Dave woods was trying to explain why DJI is having an issue with developing a solution for OTG to work on Android OS and he is 100% correct

No he’s not, not single Android device has the otg cable working. So why you assume Dji is having an issue developing a solution? They arent developing a solution, period.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis