Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG and Andriod users (phone versus tablet)

cingleguy

Join
Nov 23, 2017
My last update I did was before Christmas and thru others the OTG still not working with Andriod phones
Since the update I haven't had the chance to test properly (daytime temps barely touching 10F) but I tried my tablet (Samsung Tab E) with OTG at the doorway and everything worked, all functions and info was being displayed. The reason I thought I'd test my tablet is because all tablets operate on a different platform (including DJI's seriously overpriced monitor ClearSky, andriod based tablet) than phones.This is true in the Andriod world of products as well as Apple products.
My question to others is has anyone tried an Andriod tablet with an OTG cord

Check dji app version on the tablet, I believe dji disabled OTG on android from app version 4.1.8 onwards. Last dji app with OTG is v4. 1.5.

Check dji app version on the tablet, I believe dji disabled OTG on android from app version 4.1.8 onwards. Last dji app with OTG is v4. 1.5.

The version on my tablet is 4.1.22 but since you only "believe" it will not work.. I'm lead to "believe" you really haven't tried an Andriod tablet with an OTG cord with any update since the .15 version

I was just asking a question, you're the one with a reply that has no association with the thread
guess i need to say nothing further

Reactions: kentlim26
My last update I did was before Christmas and thru others the OTG still not working with Andriod phones
Since the update I haven't had the chance to test properly (daytime temps barely touching 10F) but I tried my tablet (Samsung Tab E) with OTG at the doorway and everything worked, all functions and info was being displayed. The reason I thought I'd test my tablet is because all tablets operate on a different platform (including DJI's seriously overpriced monitor ClearSky, andriod based tablet) than phones.This is true in the Andriod world of products as well as Apple products.
My question to others is has anyone tried an Andriod tablet with an OTG cord

DJI does not support OTG for spark.

I use a Samsung tab a 8,works great with otg on. 15. Flew 2500m with no choppiness or disconnect

Reactions: ccolt1
I was just asking a question, you're the one with a reply that has no association with the thread
guess i need to say nothing further

Hey, new guy. He was just trying to help. You could try being more friendly if you expect anyone else to help you out in future.

Reactions: DesertWindAero
Hey, new guy. He was just trying to help. You could try being more friendly if you expect anyone else to help you out in future.
Help?..what help..his reply had nothing to do with the question
If anyone read what I said, it would be obvious I know about no support for OTG
I know all the problems android phones are having with and without OTG
I wish to know if anyone else has tried an android tablet with OTG with any recent updates (anything newer than.15)
I guess if you or anyone has tried an android tablet, they would have an answer, not an opinion

Help?..what help..his reply had nothing to do with the question
If anyone read what I said, it would be obvious I know about no support for OTG
I know all the problems android phones are having with and without OTG
I wish to know if anyone else has tried an android tablet with OTG with any recent updates (anything newer than.15)
I guess if you or anyone has tried an android tablet, they would have an answer, not an opinion

As per @DesertWindAero's reply in post 6;

'DJI does not support OTG for spark'

Reactions: DesertWindAero
Thanks for the info..your so helpful

Your attitude isn’t really making anyone here want to help you...

Android is android, wether it’s a phone or a tablet is irrelevant.

DJI don’t currently support OTG on any operating system. Some android users are rolling back their apps to still use otg. But, your question relates to the current versions of Go4.

There are MANY threads on the subject already on the forum. I suggest using the search function in future.

Your attitude isn’t really making anyone here want to help you...

Android is android, wether it’s a phone or a tablet is irrelevant.

DJI don’t currently support OTG on any operating system. Some android users are rolling back their apps to still use otg. But, your question relates to the current versions of Go4.

There are MANY threads on the subject already on the forum. I suggest using the search function in future.

Really shows how little you know if you think phones and tablets operate on the same platform
And there no other threads asking the question I have here plus what help I'm not looking for any help
I'm looking to see if anyone has tried an android tablet with an OTG cord with the recent updates
Unless you have tried it, you really have nothing to say on this thread..pretty simple eh..happy flying

Reactions: cduque
I have tried. Doesn't work above 4.1.15.

DJI fanbois repeating phrases like the "no support" Mantra should take a close look on if they truly believe a "works for me" - attitude is appropriate. Many of us Europeans have spend a lot of money on a product that all of a sudden stops working,collecting and organizing information to figure out our next steps on how to deal with DJI is pretty much the only option we have left, so those fanboy "contributions" are pretty useless.

Reactions: Will H and cduque
Uninstall the latest DJI GO
and reinstall DJI GO v.15 to be able to use OTG. Still I dont get it why they not support it.

Uninstall the latest DJI GO
and reinstall DJI GO v.15 to be able to use OTG. Still I dont get it why they not support it.
I'm in the UK , do you think i'm best to stay on 4.1.5 using OTG and Android or update the app and just use wifi ... ?
I haven't actually flown yet so not sure what option to take . Pretty sure this has been covered already but just asking .
Thanks .

I have tried. Doesn't work above 4.1.15.

DJI fanbois repeating phrases like the "no support" Mantra should take a close look on if they truly believe a "works for me" - attitude is appropriate. Many of us Europeans have spend a lot of money on a product that all of a sudden stops working,collecting and organizing information to figure out our next steps on how to deal with DJI is pretty much the only option we have left, so those fanboy "contributions" are pretty useless.

How has your Spark stopped working? If it only worked with OTG, then it’s not working as advertised. Have you contacted DJI about it?

I'm in the UK , do you think i'm best to stay on 4.1.5 using OTG and Android or update the app and just use wifi ... ?
I haven't actually flown yet so not sure what option to take . Pretty sure this has been covered already but just asking .
Thanks .

It seems to vary from one phone to the next with Android. Maybe try 4.1.5 with otg to start with, and if it works stick with it for now.

DJI have said they’re looking at using OTG, but haven’t put any time frame on it.

Reactions: Col

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis