Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Nvidia Shield K1

SkyHigh64

Join
Feb 16, 2018
Loc
Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK
Hello Sparkies, was wondering if any of you good people fly the Spark using the Nvidia Shield K1 and if so do you encounter any problems whilst doing so. Currently i fly using IOS but id have a K1 but reading some of the horror stories in these threads about Android devices sort of put me off. Remember fly safe, don't spoil it for the rest of us.

Reactions: Mrmund
For some reason mine did not like the Shield K1 I have and use for my Phantoms. I ended up getting a Samsung Tab A and loaded the 4.15 DJI Go 4 app and used a cable. Best setup for it yet I found.

Thanks for your reply azpilot61. I too use the Shield on my P3A as well as my Ipad Mini 2 and don't come across any problems from both. I was going to attempt to fly the Spark with the Shield but until i read more positive feedback from using this i think i'll give it a miss.

I used the Shield with my Phantom 3, Mavic Pro and Spark for best looking screen and the HDMI out for goggles and VR,s. Very positive results. I have moved into Crystal Sky but use Shield as back-up.

Hello,
I have a nvidia shield k1 with Android 7 and latest DJI Go4 with OTG cable. The application is working (no freeze, no crash) except that several parameters are not displayed during the flight : the speed, altitude, distance and battery gauge. The issue was the same when I downgraded to Android 6.
Is anybody experiencing this issue?
Thank you.
Jérôme

Hello,
I have a nvidia shield k1 with Android 7 and latest DJI Go4 with OTG cable. The application is working (no freeze, no crash) except that several parameters are not displayed during the flight : the speed, altitude, distance and battery gauge. The issue was the same when I downgraded to Android 6.
Is anybody experiencing this issue?
Thank you.
Jérôme

OTG is still not officially supported on Android devices, resulting in the symptoms you mention.

There was an app update a few days ago from 4.2.8, to 4.2.12 which delivered OTG support for some Android devices, but that app version was pulled from the Play Store and replaced with 4.2.8 again.

See this thread for details and a sideloadable apk.

Thank you so much !!
Everything is working fine with 4.2.12 including the automated fly modes (gestures, etc.) !
It is like I have a new drone !

OTG is still not officially supported on Android devices, resulting in the symptoms you mention.

There was an app update a few days ago from 4.2.8, to 4.2.12 which delivered OTG support for some Android devices, but that app version was pulled from the Play Store and replaced with 4.2.8 again.

See this thread for details and a sideloadable apk.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena