Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Non smooth panning when filming video..

homeyjay

Join
Jul 19, 2018
I just starred making basic videos and while the straight linear shots are really smooth, the moment I pan either left or right the effect looks really amateurish. I’ve even switched to tripod mode and panned really slowly but I just can’t get over how jerky that horizontal pan looks.

Does anyone have any tips on how to make it smooth and buttery or is the Spark’s hardware a limiting factor?

Panning can be tricky on the Spark, due to its 2 axis gimbal. However, patience and practice will help you improve.

Yes, use tripod mode to slow down the panning.
There is also a trick with using DJI Assistant 2 ver 1.1.2
This allows hidden settings and allows you to adjust the YAW rate to the slowest 30°/sec in P mode and 50°/sec in Sport mode.
Under Basic Settings and you need your controller attached when you adjust it.
This will make your TriPod mode panning even slower.

Reactions: graywoulf
DJI needs to write in a yaw sensitivity control to the Go app for Spark's Tripod mode, its there for some of the other drones... I've lobbied for this to no avail. My advice, go as slow as you possibly can, then you can speed it up in post if necessary. Another trick is to interopolate your 30fps footage later to 60fps.. but your source still has to be super slow. Then there are other tools (and even some within your editor) which can stabilize like Mercali

And what pmshop said too... if you are willing to hack a little.

Last edited:
Reactions: graywoulf
Another workaround is to do sideways shots... (like looking out the car side window). These shots can be really smooth. (turn the drone 90 degrees whilst flying straight, needs to be done with care, VLOS)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef