Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

No intelligent flight modes

Dale Mitchell

Join
Jan 4, 2018
i have been dealing with this problem since October. I cannot get intelligent flight mode icon to come up on screen. I updated firmware 3times, uninstalled djigo 4 app the reinstalled 2 times. Sent Spark to DJI for repair and got it back two weeks ago and it still won't show intelligent modes. Have been dealing with tech support and they keep giving me things to try and no luck. DJI must hire customer support people off the street as every time I tell them what the problem is they put me on hold so they can ask someone what to tell me. I have sent 8 emails and spent over two hours on the phone and still cant get a fix or send it back again.
Guess I will keep flying my Mavic Pro ,,,,, anyone want to buy a Spark combo cheap? This is getting old.

i have been dealing with this problem since October. I cannot get intelligent flight mode icon to come up on screen. I updated firmware 3times, uninstalled djigo 4 app the reinstalled 2 times. Sent Spark to DJI for repair and got it back two weeks ago and it still won't show intelligent modes. Have been dealing with tech support and they keep giving me things to try and no luck. DJI must hire customer support people off the street as every time I tell them what the problem is they put me on hold so they can ask someone what to tell me. I have sent 8 emails and spent over two hours on the phone and still cant get a fix or send it back again.
Guess I will keep flying my Mavic Pro ,,,,, anyone want to buy a Spark combo cheap? This is getting old.

Screen shot, please?

Reactions: EricR1997

Are you using OTG?

Are you flying with the RC or just the device?

I tried OTG, same thing, tried wifi and phone. I tried my Samsung Galaxy 8, and my Nvidia Shield, then also a friend that also has a Spark and I tried his iPad mini 4. Same results, Could not get intelligent flight mode icon. I found a way to get it on the screen, but it did not let any modes work. I found that if I press the fn button, the icon shows up on the screen and when I tap the icon the mode screen comes up, but nothing works.

I tried OTG, same thing, tried wifi and phone. I tried my Samsung Galaxy 8, and my Nvidia Shield, then also a friend that also has a Spark and I tried his iPad mini 4. Same results, Could not get intelligent flight mode icon. I found a way to get it on the screen, but it did not let any modes work. I found that if I press the fn button, the icon shows up on the screen and when I tap the icon the mode screen comes up, but nothing works.
I have the same problem when I try to fly outside my home. Literally, my house is right out side a red no fly zone. I have to unlock my area before I can fly. Intelligent flight modes are not accessible in this condition and only when I fly inside my house, the intelligent flight mode appears. Maybe because it goes in atti mode? I have no idea. I’d give that a try if your situation is similar.

Screen shot, please?
I have the same problem when I try to fly outside my home. Literally, my house is right out side a red no fly zone. I have to unlock my area before I can fly. Intelligent flight modes are not accessible in this condition and only when I fly inside my house, the intelligent flight mode appears. Maybe because it goes in atti mode? I have no idea. I’d give that a try if your situation is similar.
Chris, I think you may have hit on the problem. I am about a half mile from a class G airstrip that just happens to be where our RC flying club flies and I fly my quads there and at home but only have a problem with the Spark (I have a Mavic and Phantom 3 pro ). Tomorrow is one of our flying days at the club so will change settings and see what happens. Wonder why DJI tech support wouldn't think of that being they coded it in the firmware. Dah!
Thanks

Reactions: Chris Zeller
Chris, I think you may have hit on the problem. I am about a half mile from a class G airstrip that just happens to be where our RC flying club flies and I fly my quads there and at home but only have a problem with the Spark (I have a Mavic and Phantom 3 pro ). Tomorrow is one of our flying days at the club so will change settings and see what happens. Wonder why DJI tech support wouldn't think of that being they coded it in the firmware. Dah!
Thanks
Good luck and post your results.

Well, no luck. Tried to change NFZ for my location. I could not get the restriction window to show the airport classifications. I clicked on the refresh window but it will not show load.
I got authorization from DJI to return it to them for the second time so that is my next move. I am done trying out fixes. I think it is just a bad quad. Can't be 100% perfect, look at all the automotive recalls lol.

Hello, i have also same problem with my Spark.Everything is normal, i can fly very well but there is no Dronie, Felix or etc. intelligent flight modes.I tried all the way (reinstall all software, setup everything many times, tried with iPad and Android device as well, I can see the icon of "Quick Shot" but I cannot click :/)

here is picture.

PS: i restored Spark and remote controller many times as well.

If you recommend me something more, i can try 124339hs1asz29ggfgs31s-1.png

Hello, i have also same problem with my Spark.Everything is normal, i can fly very well but there is no Dronie, Felix or etc. intelligent flight modes.I tried all the way (reinstall all software, setup everything many times, tried with iPad and Android device as well, I can see the icon of "Quick Shot" but I cannot click :/)

here is picture.

PS: i restored Spark and remote controller many times as well.

If you recommend me something more, i can try View attachment 8175

just a thought, are you in beginner mode or is the sport mode switch flipped?

Reactions: Andre Levite
Sport mode, i dont think so but for Beginner Mode, im not sure. How can i disable and be sure about it?

It is in the Go4 app under MC settings.

January 3, 2019 10020 PM EST.jpg

Hello again, i do not know which part of troubleshooting steps solved my problem i can use intelligent flight modes anymore
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I restored again and tried with different mobile phone.Thank you all!!!

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast