Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New Spark

Welcome ClearairTurbulance ?

Jeff :cool:

Welcome to the forum! :)

Thanks everyone! I've flown my Spark named 'Clear Air Turbulance' 13 times now just getting the feel for it. I'm enjoy it immensely. Funny enough, I am just a tad scared of heights and taking this drone higher than head height makes my stomach do somersaults. It's the oddest feeling because my feet are on the ground. It's not going to keep me from flying it though, just going to have to learn to get used to it.

Here's my setup: Spark (flymore combo), UZOPI Tablet Bracket, Huawei MediaPad M3, OTG cable and soon to be Master Airscrew 'stealth' props.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spark 317
Funny enough, I am just a tad scared of heights and taking this drone higher than head height makes my stomach do somersaults. It's the oddest feeling because my feet are on the ground.

Heck, get comfortable and sit down when feeling woozy.

The Spark flies the same either way. :)

I thought about purchasing goggles, but being immersed into the view they provide, I'd probably have to take motion sickness pills each day I fly.?

Heck, get comfortable and sit down when feeling woozy.

The Spark flies the same either way. :)

I thought about purchasing goggles, but being immersed into the view they provide, I'd probably have to take motion sickness pills each day I fly.?

Oh, I'm getting comfortable. Just have to get used to seeing my Spark up in the air where it belongs. My flight data (on the DJI Go 4 app) says my highest altitude was 115ft. For the time being I'm happy making sure I know how to pilot it and getting used to the drone coming back at me and having the controls reversed etc.

Reactions: Spark 317
and getting used to the drone coming back at me and having the controls reversed etc.

I occasionally fly backwards when coming home so as not to get confused with the sticks.

It's especially helpful when returning with a low battery and not having to think.

I occasionally fly backwards when coming home so as not to get confused with the sticks.

It's especially helpful when returning with a low battery and not having to think.

Going for some flying this evening in the backyard to play with flying backwards, definitely need to get used to that. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum ClearAirTurbulance.
Contrary to what you are feeling now, I rather get more nervous flying at head height because there are so many obstacles around at that height. Take the bird up to about 20~30m and it will be as good as flying in a big open field. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast