Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My Spark flew away...what do I do now?

Sky One

Join
Oct 3, 2017
Was flying my drone at sunset shooting our combines harvesting in the field when without warning I lost control of m drone and it zoomed off in NE direction....I have the flight record telling me where it apparently landed but when I used find my drone it was no where to be found. The field is 2KM away but open pasture no trees...wide open. Can I trust the last coordinates it sent?

Was flying my drone at sunset shooting our combines harvesting in the field when without warning I lost control of m drone and it zoomed off in NE direction....I have the flight record telling me where it apparently landed but when I used find my drone it was no where to be found. The field is 2KM away but open pasture no trees...wide open. Can I trust the last coordinates it sent?
Did you have your home point locked?
I think the obsticle avoidence can be a problem when turned onz i always have it off,what exactly happened?

Calibrated compass, launched, locked in home and rose vertically, was hovering when I noticed it drift and then the GPS signal disappeared. It was 35 M up and 150M away from me and my controller. Cannot Hover automatically warning popped up, Compass error and Inflight working IMU encounters heading exception. I had the tripod mode engaged as I was capturing video of harvesting combine. The Spark began a rotation and I lost control of it. It took off and the next location my controller picked up was 1.8K away and the drone was at max ht 120M and rotating....captured video of this. The last communication was that it was landing and had less than 18% battery 18M up and 1.8K. The video showed the drone in a variable rate spin descending at 3.4km/h...then lost the GPS signal and video feed. The field it supposedly landed in is wide open rolling pasture land. The weather this morning was rain and snow showers so my search was hampered. I plan to continue my search as 18% battery power should not take it too far form the last transmission. Why did this happen?

Is there anyone out there who can review my flight record and tell me what happened?

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-10-06_[21-17-12].txt
    744.6 KB · Views: 52
Sorry to hear about your spark, before flying do you check your wifi interference/noise on the wifi channel your spark is using?

Great news! My replacement Spark arrived today! Can't wait to unpack and get back into the sky. Excellent service form DJI. They analyzed my flight records and deemed the Fly Away a technical failure and provided me with a 100% replacement coupon. They even included a replacement MicroSD card. I am extremely pleased with DJI service.

Hi Sky One, did you have DJI care? Also, how did you go about sending your flight detail to DJI? I suffered a near fly away recently and my flight log looks very similar to yours with the numerous YAW and compass errors. Luckily mine regained GPS with enough battery for it to initiate RTH but I'm desperate to get DJI to review my log data to explain to me what happened and check if it is a hardware fault. Currently I'm too scared to fly it which sucks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh