Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Moving gimble to point forward

I was saying to my wife that in all the searching I have done, there have been errors with the gimble but I haven't heard of this fault online yet. So could I have got sent the one in a million that the gimble connection is faulty. Wow... could even be same odds as winning a lottery! lol. Typical for me.
Go get a lottery ticket and text DJI to talk about warranty

Today the new Spark arrived. Exactly one month to the day since buying the first one. My thoughts... 3 weeks too long. Turned it on and camera moved instantly. All the work and forums and discussions and experiments over days and days. If only I had known at the start all I had to do was watch if it moved on startup to see if it works. Lol. Thanks again everyone for taking time to help. I appreciate it so much.

Today the new Spark arrived. Exactly one month to the day since buying the first one. My thoughts... 3 weeks too long. Turned it on and camera moved instantly. All the work and forums and discussions and experiments over days and days. If only I had known at the start all I had to do was watch if it moved on startup to see if it works. Lol. Thanks again everyone for taking time to help. I appreciate it so much.

Glad to see a good ending across the ditch

The shop I bought it from was an Aussie franchise. I did get an email from someone in Aussie just before it was all sorted here, so I wonder if one of my emails ended up in Australia head office and so it got sorted... lol. :)

Good news! Gimble on the new Spark works great. Turns out the old gimble wasn't connected.
Bad news... After one day of flying... next day, put the battery in, turned it on on a field and it said something about needing to re calibrate the compass. We went to do that like we did the day before and it says compass disconnected. No crashes... Maybe 6-8 short flights the day before by my experienced drone flying son and none by beginner me. tarting to think maybe I should ask for my money back and go for a Mavic? Not sure.

Aucklander here - I have had other issues with my Spark to the point I have decided that I will also go down the Mavic path. (5mins down the road from th DJI store if you need the "heavys" to visit them lol)
I do like the spark as it is perceived to be a toy by the paranoid and if everything worked would be the perfect little pocket drone for capturing the moment.
Good luck NZBloke.

Pardon me for intruding but I just wanted to say “Thank You” for the direction about the gimble wheel on the back of the remote. I am new and learn something every time I fly and even when I’m not flying. I was really concerned that my gimble wouldn’t move but that was it!
Thanks from Texas

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502