Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

mavic flight modes on to spark

gunjahman

Join
Sep 9, 2017
Hi guys

Is there a way (maybe hack) to implement mavic flight modes on to spark?

Or does anybody knows if DJI will implement it in future software updates?

Thanx

Reactions: Mike
Thank you very much for your advice Dronason. I agree with you. But.. I don't have the time (and the patience) to be a proper pilot... and I have a Cheerson cx-20 for some time now, and I'm used to its headless mode. So it is not really a matter of deep hacking, just some flight modes more. Anyway, since Spark is not a professional tool but it is mainly addressed to amateurs, I would think that dji, should have included those modes too (then I wouldn't have to hack it).

I don't find the headless mode to be particularly intuitive, possibly because both the Bebop and the Spark have excellent video feed and telemetry. Nonetheless you've got PM ;-)

I'm using Autopilot App with the spark and it adds the functionality of most Mavic modes to the Spark without any hacking. Even true follow mode instead of active track. Homelock and courselock can be used by customizing cruise mode.

Reactions: tranaee
Thank you very much for your advice Dronason. I agree with you. But.. I don't have the time (and the patience) to be a proper pilot... and I have a Cheerson cx-20 for some time now, and I'm used to its headless mode. So it is not really a matter of deep hacking, just some flight modes more. Anyway, since Spark is not a professional tool but it is mainly addressed to amateurs, I would think that dji, should have included those modes too (then I wouldn't have to hack it).

Headless mode is old skool.. I havent used course lock or home lock since the P2 days.. Course was only good for straight line chases where you wanted the camera to look sideways (profile mode). Home lock was just a backup to retrieve your quad. Flick the switch and pull the stick back.
Intelligent flight modes are now super intelligent. Try the active track mode and fly your quad around the subject.

To confirm, course and home lock is 'available' but i havent tested it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502