Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Mass production

Jeplane

Join
May 26, 2017
Loc
Dallas, TX
I wasn't even planning to be there.
I initially intended to take my DSLR, a tripod, and a few filters to do some long exposure by a pier.
Nothing turned out to be inspiring, so I started to look at Google Earth around me, and see if there would be anything for the Spark to do.
A few miles away was this huge parking lot full of cars. No idea why they are there, but I guess this is the only large parking lot of dealerships in the area.
I was wondering if security would be upset seeing a drone over the lot. But eventually, I flew high enough that they might have heard it, but probably could not see my spying device.
Oh, and I'll take the one in the middle.
Thanks.

Taken in Antioch, CA this morning.
CCR DJI cars tilt.jpg

@Jeplane ,
They have lots all over Texas like that.
Those are cars flooded by hurricane Harvey last late August & early September.
The Houston area alone had a combines total rainfall of 60 INCHES within a week.
Then, two reservoirs that had not been full since the 50's had to be released to prevent failure and added to the problems.

Here is a lot near the Bryan/ College Station area that used to be an old raceway park
59dc58452e699.image.jpg

Link to the article:
Vehicles flooded by Harvey await their fate at insurance processing lots like Texas World Speedway

I am really surprised that Google Earth has that recent of a photo of the area you captured.

It’s a good idea. But on second thoughts, I think it is too close to LAX to safely take a shot there...:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast