Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Marseille Vieux Port, France

Barennes

Join
Jan 14, 2018
I made a very fast shot there yesterday...
Fantastic spot for a ride.
Since I need to be in Sport mode (otherwise it is too slow) and have to run on a straight line to keep it smooth with the 1D gimbal, I find it pretty difficult to point it in a very precise direction on such a long trip (1km). I can't use DJIGO4 tapfly or waypoints neither since the Spark moves way too slow then. In fact I'am missing the possiblity to send it to a map point in sport mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: graywoulf
Very nice! Amazingly I was also there on the Vieux-Port yesterday (without my Spark) and thought the area as a whole would make for great flying. The VP on the other hand...I can see why you wanted to be done as quickly as possible!

Very nice! Amazingly I was also there on the Vieux-Port yesterday (without my Spark) and thought the area as a whole would make for great flying. The VP on the other hand...I can see why you wanted to be done as quickly as possible!
Great ! Surprisingly that is a legal place to flight as far as you stay in VLOS !

Last edited:
I made a very fast shot there yesterday...
Fantastic spot for a ride.
Since I need to be in Sport mode (otherwise it is too slow) and have to run on a straight line to keep it smooth with the 1D gimbal, I find it pretty difficult to point it in a very precise direction on such a long trip (1km). I can't use DJIGO4 tapfly or waypoints neither since the Spark moves way too slow then. In fact I'am missing the possiblity to send it to a map point in sport mode.

you might try tapfly, then speed the video up with a video editor

You got 1km distance with it ? I’m not getting close to that.

Great vid !!
Thanks ;-)
Spark gets easily 3km in LOS under FCC regulation regarding transmission power. In Europe it is pretty hard to achieve 1km with a clear signal unless you hack the software. However this is forbidden :p

Well I would say it gets 2km EASILY in IDEAL conditions in FCC mode (possible battery issues too), in CE Mode it's more like 500 in ideal conditions.

BTW I checked Géoportail for Marseille and the middle of the port is indeed free to fly below 50 meters...the question is where did you take off from since its forbidden over land anywhere close ;-)

Well I would say it gets 2km EASILY in IDEAL conditions in FCC mode (possible battery issues too), in CE Mode it's more like 500 in ideal conditions.

BTW I checked Géoportail for Marseille and the middle of the port is indeed free to fly below 50 meters...the question is where did you take off from since its forbidden over land anywhere close ;-)
Well you're right for the reachable distances, I use both OTG and a parabolic reflector. That said, I always obtain pretty nice results if in LOS.
I started my ride just behind the sea, under the fort ;-)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fulavio