Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Lost connection for the first time today....anxious times

Ripitup

Join
Mar 12, 2018
Took the Spark out today and lost connection when it was 1793 meters away. It's the first time I've pushed it to lose connection and for RTH to be aniciated automatically.

To say I was anxious for its return was an understatement but glad to report a safe palm landing.

Video feed was perfect up to disconnection point. Using Galaxy S5, FCC in CE area mode and a recently purchased OTG cable..

Anyone else get RTH anxiety?

Yesterday I had RTH turn on because of low battery. However, I was only about 100 feet from my original take off point. Only problem was I was under a large tree doing some low flying. It started to fly up and I was worried it was going to hit the tree branches. First time RTH has activated and I was trying to read the onscreen instructions on how to cancel. To make things worse the sun was in my eyes and could not see my spark and difficulty seeing my screen. Got it stop in time, move it over away from tree canopy but RTH kicked in again. This time I had to worry about it trying to land just under a tree where I took off. Got to stop RTH and landed it immediately. Moral of the story...do not let battery get too low and make sure your original take off point is in an open area free from objects. FROM NOW ON I WILL BE MUCH MORE CAREFUL.

Reactions: Ed Grez
Yesterday I had RTH turn on because of low battery. However, I was only about 100 feet from my original take off point. Only problem was I was under a large tree doing some low flying. It started to fly up and I was worried it was going to hit the tree branches. First time RTH has activated and I was trying to read the onscreen instructions on how to cancel. To make things worse the sun was in my eyes and could not see my spark and difficulty seeing my screen. Got it stop in time, move it over away from tree canopy but RTH kicked in again. This time I had to worry about it trying to land just under a tree where I took off. Got to stop RTH and landed it immediately. Moral of the story...do not let battery get too low and make sure your original take off point is in an open area free from objects. FROM NOW ON I WILL BE MUCH MORE CAREFUL.

I've watched a few vids where people land pretty much at the last possible time. If you're out too far, too high or in a bad place to land, it's not too hard to be convinced to be a little more careful.

I think someone said, do all your long distance, or high stuff first, so you aren't as likely to end up in a bad position at the end.

I have dreaded this situation since where I fly is under a tree canopy! How did you successfully cancel RTH?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar