Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Loosing the signal

NekitFox

Join
Jul 29, 2018
Hi everyone!
I've just got my first Spark and have reached the problem from the very first flight.
At the altitude of 40-50m or at the distance of 100-120m the app looses the signal and the screen turns b&w while spark starts comming home...
What should i do with it?
I have Spark Combo

Are you flying in an urban area or in the field?
Any bluetooth devices is your enemy around you. You should turn them off or keep away.
In the Go4 app, Video feed, there are in Settings the page wifi, can you make a screenshoot and post it.
In your phone, how many wifi SSID are listed as available in the settings / wifi?

Try to relink the RC (remote controller) to the Spark when you are in the field and keep them close to almost touch.

The maximum height and travel distances listed on the DJI spec sheet only apply to the FAA version sold in North America.

The European version has the limitations as you have described. There is modified software (FAA hack) that circumvents these caps. Be aware that bypassing these limits MAY be illegal or void warranty coverage.

Any bluetooth devices is your enemy around you. You should turn them off or keep away.
In the Go4 app, Video feed, there are in Settings the page wifi, can you make a screenshoot and post it.
In your phone, how many wifi SSID are listed as available in the settings / wifi?

Try to relink the RC (remote controller) to the Spark when you are in the field and keep them close to almost touch.
Thanks for the feedback. In the city and field the same story...no other devices.
I will try to relink but i think the problem is in the app

The maximum height and travel distances listed on the DJI spec sheet only apply to the FAA version sold in North America.

The European version has the limitations as you have described. There is modified software (FAA hack) that circumvents these caps. Be aware that bypassing these limits MAY be illegal or void warranty coverage.
Now I see...
Bad news.
Do you know where I can get this FAA hack?
Thank you for the feedback

Limitation in CE mode is NOT at 100-120m. You can do 1 km and more if there are no other interferences. If I need more distance, then I will fly another drone made for that, not one that use wifi for the connection.

Limitation in CE mode is NOT at 100-120m. You can do 1 km and more if there are no other interferences. If I need more distance, then I will fly another drone made for that, not one that use wifi for the connection.
Do you think OTG can help me? And what is the limit for altitude in CE? I will send you some screenshots tonight

I have no ability to change any optionsScreenshot_2018-07-31-19-58-18-966_dji.go.v4.jpg

He Nekitfox,

I live in the Netherlands, (so CE country) and bought a Spark recently. Whenever flying, I would reach the connection limits disappointingly soon. When flying around a tree that stood a 100m away from me, I would loose video feed.

Due to the regulations in certain countries, the Spark will fly in CE mode, which limits the amount of channels and I think also the power of the connection between the drone and the RC.

With this limited connection strength, the connection can become frustratingly susceptible to disturbances such as bluetooth signals and physical blockages (such as trees, buildings, etc.)

In order to make the connection less prone to drop, you can fly OTG, which makes the connection between the phone and the RC stable and I think it also frees up some channels for the communication between the drone and the RC (but not sure of the latter). I found that flying OTG did not add much reliability to the connection.

On top of that, you can fool your drone into think that it is in the US. When you do so, it will switch to the US connection settings, which should give you a much more powerful connection, leading to less connection drops and/or increased range. Strictly speaking, this would probably be illegal though, so it is at your own choice. If you want to find out how to do it, look for "FCC hack" on youtube.

Cheers mate, and hope it works out well for you!

Now I see...
Bad news.
Do you know where I can get this FAA hack?
Thank you for the feedback
No need to use a hacked version.
Go4 app is the same in US and rest of the world. It is just your location that makes your RC go into CE or FCC mode (as explained in your spark MANUAL, the emitting power of RC is different).
You just have to force into FCC mode to get more emitting power (several useful video on utube).
As you are not in Europe but in Russia, and rules are different, i dont see any illegal issue.
Regarding OTG, i would recommend it as it gives a MUCH better video feedback. And with latest firmware update it is even easier to use (no order in plugging in..)

Do you think OTG can help me? And what is the limit for altitude in CE? I will send you some screenshots tonight
OTG can help in some case but it can do nothing for the Spark to RC connection, only RC to phone connection can improve. So in your case, it will not make big difference.
Altitude usually is not an issue with range as the higher the best. Only the app limit your maximum height for safety reason.

I forced into FCC mode, everything is ok now. Altitude is high enough, the app is not loosing the signal any more.
Thank you, guys!

P.s. the wi-fi options still look very strangeScreenshot_2018-08-02-22-32-18-320_dji.go.v4.jpg

Reactions: JoostGT3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena